Program Manager, General Availability (GA) Coordinator
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211558
Program Manager, General Availability (GA) Coordinator
Teradata, one of the world’s leading providers of data analytics solutions to many of the world’s largest and most successful companies, is currently poised for an incredible growth cycle as our newest strategies and analytics technologies take hold in the market.
As the General Availability Coordinator on the Product Operations team, you will be responsible for helping design process and track the activities that make our products generally available for customers.
Your daily responsibilities will include General Availability planning, coordination of activities, status tracking/reporting, and General Availability process design/improvements for all products going to market.
This extremely important phase of a product's lifecycle requires someone adept at integrating efforts and activities across many leadership levels and organizations--including regular engagement with managers and senior leaders from product management, product engineering, field/sales enablement, technical enablement, sales, marketing, customer success, finance, IT, and more.
As an integral member of the Product Operations team, you will also be responsible for leading projects to improve the product lifecycle process and achieve operational objectives. This will include projects to optimize upstream and downstream components of the product lifecycle, which have considerable bearing on General Availability success and your success coordinating its requirements.
By virtue of its expansiveness, this role requires someone who is (1) an eager and quick learner; (2) enjoys dynamic responsibilities and can work fluidly across many disciplines; (3) is methodical and pragmatic as a program manager and business strategist; and (4) is a natural integrator and team leader.
This will be a high-visibility role at Teradata, so confidence and comfort working directly with senior leaders and executives is a must.
- Work daily with product managers and product engineering to plan upcoming General Availabilities, set deadlines, and determine General Availability requirements
- Build strong relationships and organize cross-functional teams to collaborate on activities/efforts required to make products generally available to customers
- Define requirements, build status dashboards, and establish the technology tools/infrastructure for successful General Availability progress tracking and awareness
- Actively track, update, and report on General Availability progress for all products
- Identify and mitigate risks/roadblocks, and escalate issues to stakeholders and leadership
- Propose and lead strategic projects to improve the product lifecycle and General Availability processes
- Progressively gain knowledge of our product portfolio and offerings, and be able to articulate benefits, differentiators, and compare against competition
- Become comfortable describing the products, understanding how new releases add benefit to our existing portfolio, and be able to read and support very high-level edits to training material
- Develop General Availability process materials and documentation, including high-fidelity presentations, training materials, and sales enablement resources
- Provide direction and coach other team members on analytics, presentation, communication, and work/process management skillsets
Candidate must have 2-4+ years of experience, preferably in the technology or management consulting industries. The candidate must have a fundamental understanding of the high-tech product development methodologies and processes. Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills are a must, along with high levels of technical aptitude and the interest in using new software tools and dashboards for process tracking. Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required.
Key qualifications and experience:
- Experience in technology industry, consulting, or other business management environments required
- Strong critical thinker with ability to ramp-up quickly on Teradata business, product development, and go to market processes
- Robust communication skills (verbal, written) including ability to present, facilitate, and negotiate
- Independent problem solver who will take initiative and execute work
- Must be deadline driven, organized and able to execute against multiple active workstreams
- Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and take on all aspects of work, from action item and note capture and follow up to high level strategic program design and prioritization
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with basic data modeling and executive-level presentation building
- Desired but not required:
- Experience with PowerBI, SharePoint Publisher Websites, Seismic Content Management, and Aha! Roadmap software (or similar tools)
- Certification and/or experience with the Agile Scrum development methodology
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager, General Availability (GA) Coordinator
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US