Staff Test Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211534
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions. Our Big Data analytics and discovery technology helps to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions
QA Staff engineer
Architect, design, code, and test enhancements for Teradata database software for new and complex features in Kernel area. The candidate will need to acquire or have knowledge of 1) strong database concepts with SQL knowledge 2) in depth knowledge of Teradata internals focusing on database kernel area 4) understanding of cloud enablement features that are required to be developed for Teradata software.
The candidate will be required to contribute to feature test architecture, design specifications as well as analyse high complex requirements for feature development. Candidate is required to participate in the feature design thru Test driven development using the agile development methodology. Ability to analyse requirements, customer value and do technical feasibility for complex Teradata software thinking big picture is expected. Focus on quality with excellent design and development skills, attention to details is required. Candidate should possess ability to articulate and discuss high level approaches with QA architects, management and other stake holders in order to get thru the Quality and realization efforts. Ability to contribute to test architect and perform design, test and code reviews is expected. Strong technical leadership skills are essential to maintain and take forward the product vision using agile methodology. This is an individual contributor position reporting to an Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline with 12 to 14 years of working experience as Software Test Engineer using any programming languages
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering with 10 to 12 years of working experience as Software Test Engineer using any programming languages
- Key contributor to the delivery of a robust, resilient, quality products
- Well versed with designing/Implementing scalable test framework
- Strong code/scripting skills in Linux environment
- Automation is in your DNA
- Key in Delivery Quality product, responsible to create Test strategy, Test plan and defining Entry & Exit criteria.
- Responsible for full support of the software development lifecycle – Test driven development
- Experience and knowledge of software development, deployment and testing methodologies
- Experience working in a Cloud/IaaS environment such as AWS, Rackspace, or Azure
- Experience working with Virtualization software such as VMWare and OpenStack
- Experience working with one or more Containerization tools such as Docker, Vagrant or LXC
- Experience working with one or more Test and Build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, or Ant
- Experience with source code control systems such as Git, Subversion, or Clearcase
- Prior experience in mentor and Guide Quality team
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and various stakeholders
- Analyse and troubleshoot issues
- Infrastructure and cloud support
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Strong background in database internals and/or analytics through academic or working exposure
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems is highly desirable
- Strong technical leadership skills preferably thru working exposure and ability to build product vision and roadmaps is desirable
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN