Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211530
Position – Senior Software Engineer
- Responsible for implementing complex features, enabling backup/recovery and disaster recovery software solutions
- Deliver complex core Java based solutions
- Contribute to design, development, test and maintenance phases of the product’s lifecycle
- Collaborate with teams and product partners distributed across the globe
- Provide technical assistance, and enable the product’s customers, located in various geographical regions
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience
- 4+ years of experience using Advanced Java, preferably in a parallel computing environment
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and principles
- Working Experience with Application frameworks – Spring, Hibernate.
- Working Experience on Java ORM Tools (IBatis or MyBatis)/Spring JDBC would be desirable
- Working Experience with Webservers: Apache Tomcat
- Working Experience with building APIs and Services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Expertise in XML & JSON processing.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
- Exposure to RDBMS internals and working knowledge of SQL
- Databases: Teradata, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL(one or more required).
- Working knowledge of one of the IDEs (Eclipse)
- Working Experience with shared code repository (Git)
- Working Experience with one of the software builds tools (ANT, Maven or Gradle)
- Good understanding of data structures coupled with ability to write algorithms
- Familiarity with public cloud environments and platforms like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Understanding and working experience with GIT and Antifactory
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team
- Knowledge of Backup and Recovery offerings / environments
- Knowledge of storage solutions
- Experience in Microservices Architecture
- Understanding of Virtualization and/or cloud computing
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines, Ansible, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN