Cloud Product Management Lead, Vantage on Azure
Location: El Segundo, California US
Requisition Number: 211519
Cloud Product Management Lead, Vantage on Azure
Location: Bellevue, WA or San Diego, CA preferred; virtual available
With all the investments made in analytics, it's time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It's time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It's the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today's analytics. And, it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn't just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It's what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there's one thing that we all share - our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
This is your opportunity to be a highly impactful Product Management Lead, for an existing multi-million dollar business of Teradata’s Vantage on Azure. You will be leading and mentoring your team, enabling market research to build new products for Teradata to win in Cloud Data Warehouse & Analytics market. Teradata is the world's leading data warehousing and Big Data organization and has embarked on an exciting journey to build and deliver the industry’s highest performing data warehousing and analytics offerings. Today, some of the largest and cutting-edge companies run their applications on our industry-leading software & public cloud infrastructure.
This role is responsible for developing and executing the Analytics Platform As-a-service strategy & offering on Azure. Build a three- to five-year growth strategy by defining new services and solutions based on market demand. Leverage technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact value-added opportunities that will drive the next phase of growth for Teradata in Azure. Work with global engineering to build services and assist in defining and executing the go to market strategy.
- Lead and mentor Azure PM team for Cloud Data Warehouse & Analytics
- Own Strategy, Planning & Roadmap for Vantage As-a-Service on Azure
- Drive new capabilities/features or services for integration with Azure
- Engage with customers to understand their needs, evolve product requirements and be the "voice of the customer" in the product planning process
- Be an Agile champion: Introduce product themes, prioritize requirement using business metrics, manage backlogs, develop detailed, crisp business, requirements and user stories.
- Work with engineering to define the exit criteria & prepare for product readiness for delivery.
- Pricing & Bundling: Drive pricing strategy, define meters & price-point and course correct steady state pricing of existing offerings.
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and operations to define the go-to-market plan and product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers.
- Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as partner sales forces and technical services and support teams.
- Build partner strategy with public cloud vendors to integrate with cloud native ecosystem and drive innovation in the Vantage platform.
- Represent Teradata at various industry events, conferences and internal forums
- 10 years of Enterprise Cloud, SW/lnfrastructure experience in Data Warehouse, Analytics, Cloud Orchestration Software, Server, Storage, and/or Networking
- 5+ years of Product Management experience building data center products & taking them to market.
- Strong combination of technology & business
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Able to lead within a team environment that spans product management, development, test, QA, documentation, marketing, sales, and deployment.
- Ability to lead in a highly collaborative virtual team environment that promotes ideas while balancing objectives.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor others.
- Organized, adaptable, self-starter, highly motivated by challenge, and a team player. Ability to manage multiple priorities while staying on track with commitments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science.
- MBA Preferred
- Previous experience as a product manager, program manager, operations manager, solution architect, and/or business development manager in a cloud-based business
- Previous experience in change management or consulting, executing or strategizing a client’s cloud transformation
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Product Management Lead, Vantage on Azure
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US