Location: El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Requisition Number: 211446
The main building block of Teradata is its SQL Engine. And the heart of Teradata SQL Engine is its best-in-class database group. We work on everything from parsing to row building to accessing the file system. New datatypes, a new cloud file system, multiple hash maps and other such features fall into our domain, and on premise or the cloud are our environments. The challenges are endless. There is an opening for a software engineer to help in our further expansion into the cloud.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for working with the cloud database team and helping in defining and maintaining the procedures and technologies to enhance the Teradata database. Successful candidates would participate in the design, coding and testing and maintenance of these features. They will also be asked to participate in design and code reviews of other features and technologies, They will be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated deployment and testing process.
Your Objectives would include
- Design and develop cloud database solutions
- Apply technical expertise to design and develop innovative solutions for the cloud database.
- Utilizes understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Works in a cross-functional style to achieve results.
- Ensures Performance, Availability, Security and Operations capabilities are instrumented in the software to create a “as-a-Service” experience for the customer.
- Be a key member who will drive the cloud database development effort
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Coursework should include software engineering, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, and computer architecture and organization, database, otherwise working knowledge/experience with subjects mentioned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiar with Unix/Linux
- Strong C/C++ programming
- Advanced coursework in operating systems, file systems, parallel architecture, database, or similar technologies/disciplines
- Experience in Relational Database and SQL
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
The work location for the open position is San Diego, CA or El Segundo, CA. Travel requirements : 5%.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US