Staff Devops Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 211445
The Candidate needs to have at least 10 years of experience in utilizing the latest technology and best in class tools/services to develop and implement 100% DevOps Framework/automation towards build, deploy and validate the product on all supported platforms (on-premises, cloud and Hybrid environments). We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Expertise in Designing and Architecting CI/CD process and tools for Teradata Software delivery based on the requirements
- Ability to evaluate and Re-define existing Architecture/s and framework and provide recommendations for increased adoption and efficiency
- Experience in developing DevOps culture
- Strong experience in adopting cloud services and containerization
- Ability to guide and mentor the a technical team and provide strategic and technical thought leadership
- Demonstrate strong cross-functional technical leadership and collaborating with operations and engineering teams to deliver product/services that are scalable, reliable and secure
- Excellent automation skills and the ability to drive initiatives
- Strong expertise in operating Linux/Unix environments and
- Strong experience in scripting and programming languages such as Shell and Python.
- Ability to review and provide critical feedback on deployment and delivery pipelines. Implement initiatives to minimize chances of failure, identify bottlenecks and troubleshoot issues
- Excellent knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies, Code branching strategies along with configuration management practices in Unix and Linux-based environment
- Sound knowledge and experience of cloud-based environments
- Must have good knowledge in release, change and service management.
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Manager, and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review DevOps framework and related automation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
M.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of programming experience in Devops and quality areas.
- Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible etc.)
- Experience on CI/CD tool stack such as code coverage, scanning, etc.,
- Knowledge in Source control with Git, SVN or Clearcase
- Deep Experience in architecting and implementing CICD framework
- Experience in advanced scripting (Ruby/Python)
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience in database products is a plus
- Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
- Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as CloudStack, VMware, AWS etc.
- Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST)
CICD framework needs to be envisioned and developed to validate the product e2e from development check-in thru deployment. This includes automating the build, deploy and test phases at feature and integration level.
- Ability to visualize 100% automation in CICD framework
- Excellent programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl, Python
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment (i.e. Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,) and branching strategies
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Attention to detail
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Devops Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN