Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211444
Candidate will be primarily responsible to design and develop required automation as part of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) aligning to our cloud first strategy
He/She needs to utilize latest technology, cloud services(AWS, Azure and GCP) and best tools to implement 100% automation towards build, deploy and test Teradata database on all supported platforms (both on-premises and cloud).
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Manager, and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review the automation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of programming experience in quality and DevOps area.
1. Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible etc.)
2. Experience in implementing CICD
3. Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as CloudStack, VMware, AWS, AZURE and GCP etc. is a must
4. Experience in cloud scalability, elasticity and cloud identity management, CFT, AMI, Cloud VPN and cloud networking will be a plus
5. Source control with Git, SVN or Clearcase
6. Experience in advanced scripting (Ruby/Python)
7. Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
8. Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
9. Experience in database products is a plus.
10. Knowledge on code coverage and Coverity tools is a plus
11. Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
12. Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST) is a plus
CICD pipelines need to be developed to validate the product right from the time of development till integration. This includes automating the build, deploy and test phases at feature level as well as at integration level.
1. Ability to visualize 100% automation in CICD
2. Good programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl, Python
3. Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
4. Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment (i.e. Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
5. Attention to detail
6. Experience in Linux system administration
7. Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
8. Good verbal and written communication skills
9. Works well in a team environment
10. Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,)
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN