Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211439
Responsible for the designing and development of new features in the complex areas of the Cloud Database including understanding of the existing features and code which needs strong ‘C/C++’ skills. Excellent analytic abilities with an extensive background understanding of Database internals, SQL grammar, data structures and OS internals. Candidate shall also be involved in fixing bugs in the Coud Database code initially to gain an understanding of the different areas. Experience in working in UNIX / Linux environments is highly desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of programming and development experience.
- Ability to design complex database features
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Proficient and hands on experience in Data structures & Algorithms.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving and strong debugging skills
- Experience with GDB, GitHub is a plus.
- Working experience in Agile Software Development
- Ability to work with a Product Owner, Senior Developers, Feature Testers in Agile framework
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible primarily for the development and delivery of Cloud database features.
- Participate in understanding of feature requirements and enhancements and creation of design documents.
- Develop, unit test and review the code in C/C++ language.
- Analyze database defects, design fix and unit test changes.
- Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
- Responsible for code quality
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
Works with product Owner, Architects, scrum team and reports to Engineering Manager
and generating Design Documents, Software development, Unit/Integration testing, bug fixing.
- Strong programming skills with C/C++ and Data structures
- Software development experience in Linux and Windows O/S
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
The following skills are nice to have:
- Cloud knowledge
- Teradata Database Knowledge
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN