Senior Accountant, Consolidations
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 211436
- Responsible for providing support to the Corporate Consolidations Accounting Senior Manager, Consolidations Director, Corporate Controller, and Corporate organizations
- Perform monthly intercompany gross profit elimination process
- Demonstrates an understanding of inter-unit mark ups & transfer pricing concepts
- Understands the order to cash cycle with a focus on the ability to analyze transactional data and delineate internal vs. external considerations
- Ability to understand the impact of this elimination process on statutory and consolidated financial statements
- Perform day-to-day General Ledger accounting, financial reporting, and analysis. Tasks/concepts to include:
- Stock compensation accounting
- Statement of Equity preparation
- Review, record and assess eliminations to the consolidated financial statements
- Assess and troubleshoot the impact of foreign currency on revaluation and translation for financial statement preparation, including the ability to assess system CTA processes.
- Prepare & post journal entries as required, with strong focus on accrual concepts.
- Review consolidated financial statements and prepare variance analysis and explanations. Apply critical thinking to analysis to ensure accuracy and GAAP compliance.
- Perform monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and resolve variances in a timely manner.
- Perform monthly accounting close activities in ERP for assigned functional areas
- Support company internal and external audits
- Ensure process and controls are executed in compliance with SOX requirements
- Participate in other ad hoc accounting initiatives as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, required
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-currency environment required
- Strong understanding of accounting processes, GAAP, and internal controls
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and well organized with strong sense of responsibility
- Trustworthy and able to work autonomously in a remote and/or hybrid work environment
- Proficient with MS Office products with advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs, nested logic statements, etc.)
- Experience with Oracle r12, HFM, and/or Business Objects preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant, Consolidations
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US