Director, Cloud Engineering and Developer Experience
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211433
Teradata is the world's largest company focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Our powerful solutions portfolio and database are the foundation on which we’ve built our leadership position in business intelligence and are designed to address any business or technology need for companies of all sizes
This position will be located in Raleigh, NC or San Diego, CA office and will be responsible for leading teams in the area of Cloud Infrastructure Engineering and Services; Developer and Partner experiences - driving Teradata Platform ecosystem on all 3 public cloud providers – AWS, Azure and GC.
It will also be responsible for improving developer experience and increase adoption of our products by offering services that encompasses different customer lifecycle:
- Evaluation – Demo, Trials, POC, Ad-hoc on-demand
- Sustained engagement through expansive Teradata knowledgebase and ad-hoc discoveries and
- Finally providing integration with industry-leading solutions and toolset which can help customer extend its footprint and leverage existing IT investments.
Key Responsibilities Areas:
- Build and manage engineering teams responsible for developer toolset, content discovery (API catalogs, How-Tos, Runbooks and Playbooks), document-as-a-code, infrastructure-as-a-code and SDKs
- Use strong technical foundation and experience to lead, mentor and coach a cross-functional team of managers, architects, engineers on cloud infrastructure services and developer experience solutions.
- Provide leadership and guidance on frameworks, architecture, standards and best practices by keeping abreast of industry trends, evolving developer landscape and how analytics and data warehousing can be used in partner-led ecosystem.
- Partner with technology and product leaders across the organization and industry on technology, functional and operational alignment with emphasis on speed, discipline and stability.
- Empower members at all levels of the organization by clearly communicating the “why, what, and how” their contributions fit into the larger picture.
- Attract top talent and develop a cross-functional high-performing team of subject matter experts who can be applied throughout the organization based on need.
- Promote career development and manage performance of the team.
Key Skills Required:
You will possess:
- 15+ years of world class engineering experience with a strong track record of working with platform companies in cloud technologies.
- Both broad and deep knowledge of how customers consume data in a modern fashion, data platforms, data management and movement technology including experience in AI/ML products and services.
- Passionate about building API-first Cloud model but not compromising on building top-notch intuitive developer experience that modern developer of today is so accustom to use.
- Advanced knowledge of building (micro)services in the cloud that can perform and scale to the levels needed by some of the largest global customers in the world.
- Experience in defining and implementing product strategy across multi-engineering teams with rapid growth and unwavering commitment on quality.
- Experience of several years in leading teams to implement technology which simplifies the developer journey from inception to production and beyond.
- Balance between data-driven product development methodology and ambiguity-filled rapid prototyping journeys.
- Ability to influence, build consensus and achieve alignment across differing interests, priorities, and objectives.
- Excellent proficiency across platforms including cloud infrastructure, cloud-native architecture, databases, machine learning, modern runtimes, continuous build, testing, and deployment platforms
- Advocate and experienced implementer of Agile software development principles and practices in an enterprise software development environment.
- Excellent communication skills with presentation and story-telling in different forms across different levels of the organization.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Cloud Engineering and Developer Experience
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US