Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 211430
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure?
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup-like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers, to build cloud services and cloud-native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Demo and Trials Team focused on building services, managing, and scaling cloud systems for performing advanced Analytics for customers.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Design, build and implement innovative cloud solutions that manage the infrastructure and services on the public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Handling complex dependencies in software design, implementation, testing, documentation and support and maintenance activities as well as software packaging.
- Develop, debug, and write unit and end-to-end test cases.
- Use professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC) including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, operations.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, product managers, and leadership teams.
- Apply Agile Software Engineering principles and DevOps model for continuous delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming language like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc.
- Extensive experience in creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDBMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Experience with supporting mission-critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience with automation technologies like Terraform or Ansible.
- Experience in full-stack development is a plus.
- Amazon AWS / Microsoft Azure Google Cloud platform-related certifications are a plus.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental, and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US