Project Management Lead
Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 211428
The GCA Project Management Lead, is responsible for managing consulting delivery portfolio cross Greater China related enterprise and commercial clients, including banking, telecom, retail, airline, logistics etc. This role reports directly to the GCA Consulting Leader, to focus on delivery and execution.
The leader also is rich skills in program management, to position Teradata Consulting as a trusted advisor, able to sell and manage large, transformational programs that deliver client business value through a roadmap of projects for Data & Analytics solutions, requiring technology, process, information, and organizational change. This level of engagement requires Teradata Consulting to combine solution selling, architecture and business consulting, and program management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define GCA project management organization and management processes including the designation of project managers and assignment of responsibilities;
- Manage overall GCA project portfolio in health: estimation, project planning, and project delivery on track, milestone achievement, project margin in control;
- Execute project governance; closely work with delivery assurance team to make sure compliance;
- Manage team to drive the objective. Under reporting there are by location by industry formed up project management teams;
- Also personally has strong program management experience can provide guidance to the team in critical project delivery situation;
- Join steering committee meetings for selected projects during delivery to provide guidance;
- Actively work with CSE teams to understand commercial arrangement to guide project management team to support engagement team in right sizing and resource planning, and project planning;
- Actively work with practice leaders, to get resource support of project delivery;
- Develop project management community across the GCA to inspire, promote and share wins and success delivery, offerings.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Experience in project program management skills;
- Exceptional consulting skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
- Strong understanding of market trends and technologies. This includes a solid understanding and experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics to improve business performance.
- Excellent people development and talent management skills. Managed 50+ team before and manage multiple project managers in delivery;
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
- Highly skilled in team management, value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, sales ability / persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
- Excellent customer executive and senior level relationship building capabilities.
- Base in Bei Jing or ShangHai
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Project Management Lead
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN