Location: Santiago, Region Metropolitana de Santiago CL
Requisition Number: 211414
An Application Consultant works with Business Consultants, Business Application Consultants, Architects, and the delivery team as part of an agile process delivering application solutions. Application Consultants are focused on Teradata’s application solutions portfolio, which includes but is not limited to CIM, RTIM, Demand Chain Management, EAS, MDM, and RDM; and may include Teradata custom-developed applications such as web dashboards, Hadoop Applications, or ISV applications.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Applies background to marketplace, prospect and customer initiatives including focus on one or more of (A) presales activities, (B) post-sales delivery activities, or (C) a hybrid of both presales and post-sales activities. These may include for example:
o Generates internal and external marketplace awareness and works with account teams to help develop interest in application(s) and Teradata’s design and implementation expertise.
o Supports specific applications solutions sales motions including discussions, demonstrations and presentations.
o Participates in (or may own) proof of concept and benchmarking to prove the viability of new solutions to clients; scoping and estimating; and in post-sales delivery of specific requirements, solution and detailed design, development, and testing – of installations/configurations, implementations, and upgrades
· Provides leadership in utilizing a defined application methodology to integrate the application into the customer environment.
· Utilizes existing collateral, artifacts, and best practices and helps harvest / capture new materials and promotes their use.
· All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led, and web-based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
· All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
· Enthusiasm, passion and interest in data analytics and applications.
· In depth knowledge of the application architecture.
· In depth knowledge of, and skill in, the integration of relevant applications.
· Experience with applications operating on-premise and/or within a cloud service
· Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives and methodologies
· Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture.
· Skill / knowledge of relevant applications, business value and the business domain including industry experience in supported industries.
· Experience with application solutions, preferably Teradata’s, and appreciation of security and operating systems.
· Knowledge of SQL, data modelling and testing approaches.
· Knowledge of applications, such as campaign management, demand chain management, and analytics which can be driven from these applications.
· In depth knowledge of the application implementation methodology.
· Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
SIMS Technical Skill Category Skill Mapping
Service Offers Primary Skill
Cloud Computing Primary Skill
Databases Primary Skill
Delivery Experience Primary Skill
Industry Knowledge Primary Skill
Programming Languages Primary Skill
Teradata Applications Primary Skill
Teradata Architecture Primary Skill
Tools – Development Primary Skill
Tools – Job Control and Scheduling Primary Skill
Tools – Operating Systems Primary Skill
Tools – Teradata Primary Skill
Tools – Testing Primary Skill
· Strong client interaction, communication, and consulting skills.
· Ability to take initiative and self-motivate.
· Quickly adapt in a fast pace environment.
State: Region Metropolitana de Santiago
Community / Marketing Title: Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santiago, Region Metropolitana de Santiago CL