Global Delivery Assurance Lead
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211409
Global Delivery Assurance Lead
Teradata is looking for a highly organized, motivated and experienced individual to fulfil the role of Global Delivery Assurance Lead for its’ Consulting Services business. The role is ultimately responsible for ensuring we have the appropriate policies, processes and governance in place to identify, mitigate and manage project delivery risks across Consulting’s global Client project portfolio, whilst achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
The position requires a highly proactive, energetic, hands on individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as the role is dependent on developing and maintaining strong working relationships across the regional consulting delivery teams and the wider organization.
Ideally applicants should have experience of designing, implementing and or running a program office as well as experience in leading change management programs. The role is dependant on leveraging resources wihin the Regional Consulting Delivery Teams to drive a globally consistent performance from our regional consulting teams. Therefore experience in matrix management and strong collaboration skills are a must.
The ability to seamlessly switch from strategic to tactical activities is key as is the ability to identify and implement change where appropriate to support the Teradata mission.
Role & Responsibilities
- Own, manage and maintain through regular updates to the Consulting Governance Policy
- Monitor key performance indicators drawing and sharing insights from global data sets and taking necessary corrective action as required
- Provide consulting delivery leaders with executive updates on the risks associated with our Client project portfolio and work with the regional delivery assurance leads to mitigate and manage these
- Provide leadership on best practices associated with achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Provide guidance, direction and support to the regional delivery assurance leads to ensure the consistent adoption of policies, processes and tools and adherence to the governance policies
- Establish and maintain feedback loops to ensure continuous improvement of policies, processes and tools for example: bid estimation and scoping activities
- Organize and facilitate regular risk review meetings with consulting delivery leaders and their respective deliver assurance leads to ensure effective governance of all projects and to identify potential risks to the business developing action plans to mitigate / manage these as required
- Maintain Delivery Assurance knowledge management hub to provide the business with project management tools, templates and other intellectual property assets and information to support the effective delivery of projects within the field
- Work with Enablement teams to ensure applicable role based training is made available for key processes and activities such as: Work at Risk, High Impact Projects (HIP), Cost of Quality, PII / GDPR / CCPA, Lessons Learned etc
- Lead strategic and tactical initiatives to improve our operating approach, tools and methodologies including seeking out opportunities to automate existing processes
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Excellent business acumen, pragmatic and focused
- Passionate and strong communicator (verbal, written, listening)
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage strong stakeholder communities
- Ability to operate in a complex environment whilst developing strong working relationships
- Knowledge and experience of applying project management terminology, tools and techniques.
- Proven ability to work on a global basis factoring in the needs of a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team to achieve results
- High standards and attention to detail; self-starting and strong focus on completing/finishing
- Proven track record of leading and delivering large programs
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of having led or been a part of a Global Operations team that has worked in APJ, EMEA and the Americas.
- Proven program management experience backed up with formally recognized Project Management qualification eg: PMI or PRINCE2
- Hands on experience with an industry recognized PSA platform, preferably FinanciialForce and an industry recognized CRM platform, preferably Salesforce
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Global Delivery Assurance Lead
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US