Intern - Customer Services
Location: SAO PAULO, Sao Paulo BR
Requisition Number: 211408
Intern - Customer Support & Services
Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Sense of criticality;
- Willing to help;
- Accepts responsibility;
- Positive attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal;
- Strong Documentation, Organizational Skills
- Politically Astute and Relationship Management Capabilities
- Develop and enforce account policies and procedures
- Ownership of resolution to technical account issues
- Technical ability to take control of account
- In progress BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, or Engineering preferred. Between fourth or fifth semester of college will be required.
- General working knowledge of Windows, LINUX and DBMS will be highly desired
- Support center procedures and troubleshooting protocols knowledge
- Intermediate/Advanced written and oral communication skills in English is required. Spanish will be a plus
- Strong knowledge of LINUX/UNIX Skills
- Investigation of software issues & problem diagnosis
- Understanding of customer client/server network, connectivity & configurations will be desired
- Understanding of hardware platforms, hardware and software configuration techniques
- Knowledge of Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, etc)
Major Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Perform activities associated with product/service resolution issues
- Log problem resolution- maintains databases
- Research knowledge bases for known solutions to known problems
- Identification and management of duplicate incidents
- Review and analyze system logs
- Identify potential actions to resolve errors
- Create Output Action incidents
- Assist with customer report development
- Participates in requirements gathering process and user testing
- Respond to the calls from the customer
- Perform hardware break –fix
- Perform hardware and software installations and upgrades includes site or system preparations
- Perform preliminary software problem investigation and diagnostics collection
- Manage system-based Change Controls for O/S, Teradata SW and HW environment
- Perform Operating System or Teradata Software upgrades
- Escalate unresolved issues to the Regional Level-2 Support Centre as per the Incident escalation process
- Provide feedback to the customer for reported issues
- As per the Customer Support Contract provide the Site and Service reports
- System Health Check Review, System management reporting and oversight of technical support issues.
- Software release management, including review and recommendations on software updates.
- Maintain and review Teradata interoperability and compatibility matrices and provide proactive recommendations to the customer.
Example of Possible Activities:
- Help charging our customers for parts delivery and returns on timely manner;
- Take care of Teradata Office support such as configuration of Notebooks, EasySetup, DataCenter, Printers, Wireless Network, Help to other departments, etc;
- Help with parts logistics, supporting SSEs;
- Basic customers reports for example incidents, CCs, NTA and FROs;
- Simple hardware changes (i.e. disks, power supplies, reseats, power cycles.) during business hours;
- Upload files / packages, such as Certified Lists, Disk Images, CMIC Images, Firmware Images, DUMP in preparation for change controls;
- TDput upgrade in preparation for change controls;
- Run node checks / chk_all / checktable / scandisk / system health checks in preparation for change controls;
- FROS review and creation for change controls;
- Simple configurations i.e installations procedures: Network Configuration;
- Review of CIS errors;
- Review of sites that need to update TESA;
- Incident Review & Change Controls out of date and / or frozen, which requires action;
- Monitoring of new KPIs;
- Internal documentation and program FAQ
- Participate in meetings and create minutes of meetings, with list of actions, responsible, deadline, etc.
- Create Power Point presentations to communicate with customers and interns, as a summary of projects, such as installations, NPARCs, critical incidents, etc
City: SAO PAULO
State: Sao Paulo
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Customer Services
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: SAO PAULO, Sao Paulo BR