Lead of Architecture Services
Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 211344
Architecture Services are key to TD’s future success with delivering customer value via differentiated solutions that in turn drive demand/consumption for TD Vantage.
Architecture Services will play a critical role in definition, growth, evolution of our Delivery methodology, our Services, and Services Delivery strategies & capabilities. They will also provide a vital development conduit between Product Mgt & Development and how we get the most out of new product features & capabilities that Consulting Delivery leverages as part of Solutions Delivery.
General Job Expectations
- Viewed as Thought-Leader for the breadth of TD Product and Delivery Capabilities
- Influence business strategy related to Consulting Services and Delivery related considerations
- Proactively identifies and solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Develop cross-team plans, services and/or organizational priorities
- Decision-making guided by resource availability and organizational objectives
- Resolution of issues requiring cross-functional collaboration and support
Primary Responsibilities & Expectations
- Cross Competency Integration– responsible for coordination, alignment and integration of all Competency activities with a focus on delivering comprehensive, market differentiated Solutions & Capabilities. This includes ensuring proper alignment with the full TD Product Portfolio.
- Product Eminence– depth & breadth of understanding wrt TD’s Product Portfolio as well as relevant (competitive or supportive) 3rd party Product capabilities. Responsible for continuous evaluation of product roadmaps and strategies and their impact on Delivery Services and supporting Capabilities. Also responsible for providing feedback to Product Mgt on gaps and future needs including justification in the form of business impact.
- Delivery Capabilities Enablement- Continual creation, evolution, harvest and curation of delivery best-practices and assets that reduce-risk and accelerate time-to-customer-value via optimal usage of TD and non-TD Products & Features.
- Demand Creation Support:
- Contributions to TD’s Solutions & Services Portfolio including creation & evolution of Services Plays to accelerate qualification of customer interest and opportunity closure.
- Providing direct support for complex opportunities in the form of solution feasibilityanalysis, level-of-effort estimates and duration of delivery estimates (aka FLD’s)
Core Experience Requirements
B.S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences, I.T, Engineering or equivalent
12 plus years of relevant experience in the development, integration and delivery of complex Data Management & Analytic based solutions leveraging TD & non-TD technologies.
5 plus years of demonstrated leadership experience with the following technical disciplines:
- Translating Customer functional & non-functional requirements into FLD’s
- Experience with architecture, design & delivery of Data & Analytic focused Solutions.
- Integrating various types & layers of technologies – e.g. platform, data, application, infrastructure services leverage various toolsets and languages.
- Direct experience with delivering integrated Solutions that leverage both TD and non-TD products & technologies.
Management Scope & Expectations
- Exercise proper control over resources, policy formulation and planning
- Accountable for the end results of decisions made and executed upon
- Responsible for ensuring decisions are guided by the broader business organization, strategic plans
- May manage multiple related teams made up of both direct reports and temporarily assigned resources
General Skill & Experience Expectations
- Functional knowledge: Requires a comprehensive understanding of both internal and industry standards and principles applied to complex business problems and opportunities
- Business Expertise:
- Requires comprehensive cross-functional knowledge of how processes and resources interact to achieve business goals
- Influence business or industry issues
- Proactively identifies and solves problems that impact the direction of Teradata
- Provide thought leadership; has an advisory role and/or influence over the direction of a key area for the organization
- Exercise wide latitude in determining goals and approaches to critical assignments
- May lead cross-functional project teams aimed at solving broader organization problems and initiatives
- May work with senior management teams on day-to-day staff management issues such as resource management and work allocation
- Problem Solving:
- Identify and solves complex problems that have a broad impact on the business; uses game-changing methods to think beyond existing solutions
- Utilize a broad perspective to view alternative solutions to complex problems
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires extensive expertise and a deep knowledge of Teradata
- May influence the industry direction
- Interact with senior leadership and others concerning matters of significance to the department and to Teradata
- May sit on internal committees and/or leadership teams representing their discipline and influencing across other internal and external areas
- May present at organization sponsored events or relevant client/industry speaking engagements requiring a high level of presentation skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 75%
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Lead of Architecture Services
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN