Manager, Deferred Revenue Accounting
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 211327
The Deferred Revenue Accounting Manager will function as Global Process Owner for Deferred Revenue. The role involves working closely with various departments such as Financial Planning & Analysis and Corporate Consolidations to ensure proper accounting of subledger activities, any related adjustments and reporting and analytic requirements. The GPO operates in coordination with local controllership and planning organizations within each region, Americas (North America and Latin America), EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and APJ (Asia Pacific and Japan).
- Reporting, Analytics and Controls:
- Identify the current common deferred revenue reporting risks, resolve, and mitigate possible issue drivers and provide process improvement ideas.
- Successfully complete financial close and reporting requirements timely and accurately.
- Drive additional information needed for CFO Analytics as deferred revenue balances are of increasing interest to senior management and investors.
- GPO / Operational Support:
- Provide knowledgeable and timely user support on the current Workday system and global processes (90+ users in 45+ countries).
- Identify the system and process failures, resolve, and mitigate daily production issues and provide process improvement ideas.
- Drive monthly supplemental reporting process for Americas, EMEA and APAC.
- Administration of Balance sheet reconciliation quality assurance process.
- Business Lead - Workday Revenue Management System:
- Support business as primary point of contact with Workday's customer support center as it relates to Revenue Management System.
- Identify business impacts of Workday semi-annual releases and rollout and test changes for Revenue Management System.
- Monitor Workday integrations tasks and resolve issues as needed.
- Other Activities:
- Analysis and resolution of routine accounting issues related to deferred revenue.
- Participate in upcoming ERP implementation project.
- Various special projects (heavily involved in system upgrades and convergence).
- Ad hoc responsibilities including support for internal/external auditors.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills are required for this position.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis.
- Strong time management skills and effectively able to prioritize tasks as needed.
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and due dates.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to conduct training sessions and engage with business partners in a local and global setting effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- At least five years prior work experience within a general ledger team, preferably at a Senior Accountant/Analyst level or higher
- Systems aptitude is a requirement for this position. Ideal experience includes working knowledge of Oracle GL, Inventory, and other subledger applications, Hyperion Financial Management, Workday Revenue Management, and proficiency in using Business Objects
- Strong understanding of ASC606 revenue accounting.
- Expert Microsoft Excel user; able to handle complex functions, pivot tables, and working with high volumes of data
- Large ERP experience (Oracle, SAP, Great Plains, etc.)
- CPA certification
- Leadership experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Deferred Revenue Accounting
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US