Sr Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211271
Engineering Manager - Tools and Automation - Job Description:
Teradata is the world's largest company focused on integrated data warehousing, gigantic data analytics, and business applications. Our powerful solutions portfolio and database are the foundation on which we’ve built our leadership position in business intelligence and are planned to address any business or technology need for companies of all sizes. Teradata Product Engineering Division, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
The Engineering Manager is for our Quality and Tools space will be responsible for leading a team that will be performing Development, Operations and Automation of our DevSecOps tools stack.
Candidate needs to utilize latest features and best tools to enable DevSecOps framework and implement 100% automation to track, scan, build, deploy and test Teradata database on all supported platforms (both on-premises and cloud). He/she must be well versed in working in an Agile, DevSecOps, and Continuous Integration next gen automated dev/test environments.
The candidate needs to understand SAFe Agile and Secure Software Delivery practices and Integrate tools and services together to enable SAFe Agile implementation and continuous integration of product services on On premise and cloud.
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Director and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review the different tools, Integrations and Automation deliverables.
We are looking for experienced Manager with exceptional engineering skills in building innovative solutions as part of our Core Product Engineering organization. Leader who has great experience with the art of Agile Engineering - who share our enthusiasm and passion for technology and innovation, our expertise in creating software and solutions for our customers.
At Teradata, we know that the continued explosion of data will usher in an analytics revolution which will help our customers to grow from being an Intelligent Enterprise to "The Sentient Enterprise". Be a part of a very talented team and help us grow our presence in the next generation technologies for Teradata customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 12+ years of Operations, Automation and programming of multiple services that enable DevSecOps and with at least 5+ years of excellent people management experience
- Manage Tools Operations and Automation engineering staff, including the hiring plans, candidate interviews, staff assessments, and training requirements
- Prepare and maintain a detailed project plan and lead scoping, planning, and staffing projects; responsible for statement of work development and risk assessment
- Execute towards a goal of enabling Agile and DevSecOps services through full automation of operations and development/onboarding of new tools and services for product delivery/GCA for all the planned releases
- Provide an integrated view of the status, progress and engineering exceptions relative to automation and operations
- Proactively offer insight and solutions to business-driven issues
- Manage program risks and issues with action plans; develop contingency plans for schedule slips and project issues
- Lead resolution of inter-organizational issues relative to schedule and availability; report progress and escalate issues as required to Management to ensure prompt resolution. Providing recommendations/suggestions for improving organizational efficiency for adoption, execution and related operations.
- Experience in Architecting and Developing that enable DevSecOps
- Experience in developing and integrating with REST API’s
- Experience in Operations and maintenance of DevOps tool stack (Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible, Black duck, Coverity.)
- Experience in Administration of Atlassian suite of tools
- Experience in Cost optimization and monitoring of services on AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experience in advanced scripting Python, Groovy, UNIX/Linux, Java, code coverage tools, code analysis tools, CICD & Engineering tools like Jira, Confluence, Git, Artifactory, Jenkins/Teamcity, Gradle, MVN etc.
- Should have expertise on triaging/fixing code and configuration problems
- Knowledge on other operating systems, web technologies, Shell/Perl is a plus
- Knowledge on Ansible & Selenium frameworks
- Experience in implementing CICD
- Experience in database products is a plus.
- Perl/Shell/GUI development is an added advantage
- Familiarity on Visualization tools – Grafana, Tableau
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and tools
- Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as Azure, VMware, AWS, GCP, etc. is a plus
- Ability to visualize 100% automation
- Good programming skills with scripting languages
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,)
- Excellent Cross boundary collaboration and people management skills
As an Engineering Manager:
- You have an excellent work ethic
- You have a strong sense of ownership for the work assigned
- Eagerness to apply uncompromised highly technical standards and ideas to maintain the high quality
- Manage individual projects, projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables as per Teradata standards. Involve to coach team to improve/maintain the high quality in design, develop, test, deploy & maintenance cycle.
- Inspire, grow, and develop talent while providing vision and setting direction for the team based on organization objectives and lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks.
- Oversee the design, development, quality, and operations of test harness frameworks
- Collaborate with other teams to achieve shared objectives, provide strategic insight and lead continuous improvement efforts in Teradata quality and cloud operations and services.
- Work closely with software engineers, test engineers, technical leads, other partner quality assurance teams, product managers, engineering director and other engineering teams to release high-quality Teradata product through the efficient software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- You have exceptional design and programming skills
- You are keen on quickly learning a wide range of technologies and apply them to your work
- You have multiple design options/solutions for challenging problems
- You have an eye for detail and able to communicate your thoughts and ideas across global teams
- You are passionate about mentoring and document and share your key learnings
We are a fast-moving team located in Hyderabad. We have an open source background and approach to coding, centered around collaboration and transparency. We work with distributed teams in San Diego, California.
On our team Teradata Devops, and Quality Engineering team, you'll build and maintain the software for the new products and internal Core Automation and Engineering Tools that are at the heart of building our new products for the company that gave birth to big data. We're an extremely agile team that builds modern software built on cutting edge technology.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Manager, Software Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN