Public Relations PR Manager
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 211260
Social Marketing and PR Manager - Japan
Location – Tokyo, Japan
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform provider, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. We help businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. See how at Teradata.com.
THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY: Teradata is looking for an innovative, hands-on individual who will drive strategic communications and thought leadership strategies that combine tactics from traditional to social media to establish Teradata as a thought leader in the cloud-based data and analytics market. The ideal candidate will be an experienced communications practitioner with a proven track record in managing Social, Public Relations, Analyst Relations, Reference marketing and Executive communications. In this role, you will coordinate with both local and global leaders in marketing to help build our awareness as a connected multi-cloud data platform provider, built for the cloud data and analytics world. Your goals will be to increase our share of voice and amplify key messages in both traditional and social media, boosting quality media coverage, engagements and followers.
Social Media Marketing
- Manage always-on, scalable, social media operating process for Japan with global, APJ, local and external Singapore-based agency partners
- Be responsible for KPIs for Social and exceed quarterly targets for engagements, clicks, followers, and share of voice to establish Teradata as a thought leader in the cloud data and analytics market in Japan
- Design and execute sustained thought leadership program for Japan, leveraging local, APJ and global spokespeople to tell the Teradata’s story across different social channels, personas and verticals.
- Leverage global and local customer success case studies for social media
- Write local specific contents when needed
- Support employee advocacy program for local, to engage employees to magnify amplification including training and education in conjunction with global/APJ social team
- Collaborate with global/APJ team and Singapore-based agency partners for always on content creation and KPI reporting reviews
- Manage always-on media engagement operating model for Japan, in partnership with field, global and in-country PR agency partners; drive media coverage opportunities, interviews, bylines, and award submissions
- Be accountable for KPIs for PR; manage all activities to establish Teradata as a thought leader in the cloud-based data and analytics market in Japan
- Follow and leverage quarterly guidance on PR direction, media trends, contents and activities in alignment with global announcements
- Manage and leverage local news
- Identify, manage and enable local spokespeople on company narrative while directly managing strategic media relations with our own executive spokespeople for regular interaction with key media and analysts; enable contributions to the Teradata blog as appropriate
- Write contents as and when needed, including press releases, blog posts, bylines, media pitches and more
- Partner with local sales teams to lead customer reference announcements and amplification
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications
- 5-8 years of professional experience in Public Relations, Social Media, Executive Communications, Marketing in Technology
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in Japanese, with an ability to turn technical topics into compelling business-level stories via strong intellectual curiosity – unique ideas to find local, market-relevant stories to tell about Teradata’s leadership Excellent understanding of social media channels, content developments, metrics and tools
- Experience with Sprinklr or the equivalent social media content management and listening tool
- Experience with social media advocacy tool (dynamic signal, gaggle amp, everyone social)
- Experience in developing and executing social/PR/AR programs in collaboration with executives, senior leaders and subject matter experts
- Proven track record of proactive pitching in business and tech media in Japan as well as interaction with various PR agency networks; a strong understanding of the media landscape is required
- Industry knowledge relevant to Teradata, data analytics and cloud market is an advantage
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Public Relations PR Manager
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP