Location: Burbank, California US
Requisition Number: 211253
Teradata is seeking a Benefits Manager reporting to the Director, Global Benefits in the Total Rewards organization. This role will manage Teradata’s benefit programs including health, wellness, retirement, and other perks. The focus of the role will be on the US and Canada programs with significant opportunities to participate in the design and management of global benefits. The Benefits Manager will be responsible for ensuring market competitive programs that align with the Total Rewards strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Research and evaluate market trends to ensure the competitiveness of the benefit
- programs and alignment to company culture
- Lead Open Enrollment through design, planning, communication, and roll-out
- Work with Benefit Brokers to evaluate benefit vendors to ensure they provide premium service and programs while managing and controlling benefit costs
- Oversee and manage the US and Canada benefits budget
- Oversee administration of the Company’s 401k plan
- Utilize plan data to support decision making and predicting future costs
- Develop benefit communications to educate and increase employee engagement
- Ensure full compliance with all federal and state laws for benefits including reporting, and auditing
- Support the development and ongoing analysis of the benefits budget
- Ensure accuracy of file feeds and other vendor invoices
- Design and manage an annual wellness program
- Build an internal and external knowledge base of benefit information
- Partner with the Shared Services organization to provide the knowledge to respond to all Tier 1 benefit questions
- Responsible for all escalated benefit questions
- Document and streamline processes
- Coach and mentor benefit teams and oversee day-to-day work
The key experiences you’ve had:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive HR leadership experience with an emphasis on global benefits
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the benefits market and best practices
- Solid understanding of benefit and retirement plan laws, processes, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- This will be a hands-on role, while at the same time be able to be strategic with a focus on employee engagement
- Ability to build strong relationships throughout the organization to understand the employee pulse
- Hold self and others to high standards
- High tech industry experience is preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Benefits Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Burbank, California US