Location: Ar Riyad, Ar Riyad SA
Requisition Number: 211245
Project Manager – Based in Riyadh
The Project Manager leads a Teradata consulting project being responsible for the end-to-end engagement from inception to closure ensuring projects are completed on-time, quality and within budget on client expectations which delivers the expected Teradata business results.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead a Teradata consulting projects being responsible for the end-to-end engagement from inception to closure ensuring projects are completed on-time, quality and within budget on client expectations
- Working with the Technical Lead drive scoping, planning, cost estimating, software development approach, statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables
- Be responsible for the project delivery including manage the budget/cost (P&L); the day-to-day relationship with all stakeholders including clients; resolve project delivery issues; gain client acceptance and milestone payments; predict and mitigate key risks
- Maintain and communicate project status to all internal and external stakeholders
- Understand the client’s business case and the context of their business and assess the opportunities, benefits, risks and success factors of the project.
Education and Experience
- Graduate in any technical or business management discipline, with 8+ years of total experience.
- Experience as a client facing onsite project manager interfacing with client side project managers and influencing their stakeholders
- Proven experience of at least 8 years managing projects in the IT applications or data layers with experience in one of the following : application development (DevOps, Agile, Waterfall), package implementation (MS Dynamics, Oracle, SAP etc.) , Data Warehousing / Business intelligence )
[i.e. not IT infrastructure, oil and gas, physical infrastructure, business change]
- Evidence of successful end to end project deliveries of at least $3M personal responsibility from planning, budget/cost management (P&L), risk management, customer acceptance and contract change control.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing Data warehouse, Business intelligence, DW Migration, Application and Analytics projects.
- Experience in leading projects using Agile delivery is mandatory and preferably in data analytics.
- Proven experience in managing large multi-national, multi-cultural teams across several sites on projects and in executing projects of different types eg. Development, data warehousing, migration, support.
- At least one of the certifications from PMP, Agile, Six sigma, Prince2
- Working industry knowledge will be a plus, Telecom / Finance / Aviation / Government and Oil
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills – making complex issues quickly understandable and actionable
- Problem solver - Proactive, Innovative with an analytical mindset. Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent leadership skills which drive consensus and team ownership of decisions, enabling an individual, the group or team to succeed.
- Customer centric thinker with an ability to work in large teams.
- Task oriented and solution driven with focus on deliverables, quality, cost and timelines
- Ability to work within multiple time zones, diverse cultures and under pressure in a challenging environment
City: Ar Riyad
State: Ar Riyad
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ar Riyad, Ar Riyad SA