Specialist Cloud Administrator (AWS)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 211233
Role : Cloud Admin Lead AWS
Location : Mumbai/Pune
- The Cloud Ops Administrator Lead is responsible for managing Teradata’s as-a-Service offering on public cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the environment, third party software support.
- Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers
- Implementing security best practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility
- Manage and support 24x7 VaaS environments for multiple customers
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices
- Implementing development, production environment for data warehousing cloud environment
- Backup, Archive and Recovery planning and execution of the cloud based data warehouses
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key Azure resources
- Always manage Incident Backlogs for the platform
- Manage Change Backlogs for the platform
- Manage Incident Aging
- Accountable for Incident Update and Acknowledgement SLA
- Capability Building through trainings & mentoring programs and working with the APL on the learning initiatives.
- Responsible for driving automations
- Escalation Management.
- All Stakeholders informed
- Drive to closure
- Avoid re-occurrence
- Create and Maintain IRA for platform related issues
- Take ownership of all S1 Incidents for the platform.
- Drive RCA for S1 incidents. Work with all stakeholders to avoid re-occurrence
- Making sure all Knowledge Documents/Run-books/Wikis are up to date and accessible
- Quality audit of Incidents and change requests and derive action plans
- Conduct Regular Team meetings & Record minutes
- Contribute to strategy and improvement plans for team.
- Problem Management for closed incidents. Identify top call divers of incidents for month and work with relevant items
- Validate Outage numbers for all S1's on platform
- Publish Availability Numbers
- Engineering Graduate or 3-year Diploma
Mandatory Skills / Attributes
- Minimum 8-10 years of IT experience.
- Minimum 5-6 years of Cloud hands-on experience (AWS/Azure).
- Expert in at least one of the supported public cloud platform (AWS/Azure).
- Should have managed cloud ops team of 10-15+ resources in lead role.
- Cloud Certification
- ITIL or other relevant certifications
- Service Now / ITSM tool day to day Operations
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
- Teradata/DBMS Experience Hands on experience with Teradata administration and strong understanding of Cloud capabilities and limitations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Implement and support new and existing customers on VaaS infrastructure.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Should have good knowledge of cloud services for Compute, Storage, Network and OS for at least one of the following cloud platforms : AWS/Azure
- Should have experience in Enterprise VPN and Azure virtual LAN with data center
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools
- Hands-on experience with database architecture/modeling, RDBMS and No-SQL.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- If certified with VMware skills will be added advantage.
- Working experience in Linux administration, Shell Scripting.
- Working experience on any of the RDBMS like Oracle/DB2/Netezza/Teradata/SQL Server,MySQL.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Good team player.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Specialist Cloud Administrator (AWS)
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN