Cloud Administration Specialist (GCP)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 211230
Role : Cloud Operations Administrator (GCP)
Location : Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore
- The GCP Administrator is responsible for the data warehouse leveraging GCP
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the environment, third party software support.
- Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers
- Implementing security best practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility
- Manage and support 24x7 GCP environments for multiple customers
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices
- Implementing development, production environment for data warehousing cloud environment
- Backup, Archive and Recovery planning and execution of the cloud based data warehouses
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key GCP resources
- 4 Year Engineering Degree or 3 Year Masters of Computer Application.
Mandatory Skills / Attributes
- Minimum 6-10 years of IT experience in a Systems Administrator / Engineer role.
- Minimum 2 years of Public Cloud hands on experience out of which 2 years must be on GCP.
- GCP Certified Associate
- ITIL or other relevant certifications
- Service Now / ITSM tool day to day Operations
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
- Experience on multi-cloud environments will be preferred
- Hands on experience with GCP and strong understanding of GCP capabilities and limitations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Implement and support new and existing customers on Microsoft GCP.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Should have good knowledge of GCP services for Compute, Storage, Network and OS
- Should have experience in Enterprise VPN and GCP virtual LAN with data center
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS along with Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools.
- Hands-on experience with database architecture and modeling, RDBMS and No-SQL.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- If certified with VMware skills will be added advantage.
- Cloud Certifications
- Knowledge of other cloud platforms AWS/Azure will be added advantage.
- Working experience in Linux administration, Shell Scripting.
- Experience in the GCP components & APIs.
- Working experience on any of the RDBMS like Oracle//DB2/Netezza/Teradata/SQL Server,MySQL.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Good team player.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Administration Specialist (GCP)
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN