Enterprise Deal Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211208
Job Title: Deal Manager (Enterprise)
Location: San Diego, CA or Other US Cities close to assigned customers / virtual
The Deal Manager supports a sales territory, navigating and managing enterprise and/or commercial transactions from a business standpoint with an overall goal of optimizing transaction deal structure to maximize revenue and profit. Teaming with the pricing manager and the account team, this position also provides vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management concerning the most appropriate purchasing structure for a customer transaction given the customer’s purchasing and budgeting requirements. This position will advise on appropriate deal structures for enterprise and/or commercial accounts as they relate to preferred revenue recognition treatment. This may include an understanding of current customer agreements to develop a strategy with the account team to amend those agreements, when required, to support Teradata’s strategic objectives and maximize revenue and profit. Overall, on a day-to-day basis, working with the account teams, this individual is accountable for using general business skills and knowledge to assist the account team win business and drive profitable growth. This position will be customer facing when required. Close working relationships are required with Sales, Financial Planning, Revenue Recognition, Legal, Product Management and other functions. The position reports to the Regional Deal Desk Director.
- Participate in account and opportunity planning sessions with sales teams to develop strategy on growing revenue and profit
- Project manage internal processes around a transaction from start to finish including project, renewal and consulting deals
- Coordinate across organizations to support deal transactions from a business perspective
- Utilize high business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial and competitive data and apply it to optimize sales opportunities.
- Understand Teradata analytic technology to identify the customer value and competitive position that drives price and profit in opportunities for customers when using Teradata products and services
- Knowledge of accounting principles in order to understand customer purchasing impacts on Teradata’s offerings, including changes to revenue recognition and other accounting guidelines
- Creative thinker, able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness while protecting current and future price realization
- Understanding of the technology industry and price drivers
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement details
- Proficient verbal and written skills to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Ability to work closely with account teams, and draw on other, often remote company resources
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues and offer advice and alternatives
- BA required
- Minimum 5 years related work experience. Could be in a broad range of functions including but not limited to Pricing, Sales, Legal/Contracts, M&A/Investment Banking, Procurement, or Consulting
- Deal strategy and negotiations experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience
- Established understanding of complex contracting terms and conditions
- Detail oriented and self-directed individual
- Knowledge of Software Information Technology industry
- Able to travel 25% of the time
- Sales-oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
- Experience in Data Analytics industry
- MBA preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Deal Manager
Job Category: Finance
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US