Application Operations Consultant
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 211193
Role: ETL Operations Consultant
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with “Teradata – SQL, Utilities, ETL skills, File loading activities
- Good knowledge (Concepts) & work experience on Data warehouse environment
- Leading the team for solution for ETL file loading management activities
- Excellent technical knowledge in leading industry ETL tools
- Should have working knowledge of any scheduling tools like Control-M, TWS etc
- Ability to review existing load process and able to recommend performance opportunities for organic growth of data
- E2E architecture knowledge of data warehousing models, source extraction, EDW / Semantic processing, and BI reporting
- Propose and implement solutions for production issues in emergency situations
- Work on P1/P2 issues in SLA bounded deadlines
- Good exposure of Service delivery with ITIL framework exposure
- Strong Unix advanced commands and basic scripting knowledge in any of the RDBMS systems
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills are required
- Will require shift work outside of normal workday
- Will require periodic on-call support
- Prior work experience on data warehouse/ETL application maintenance and support projects in a lead role.
- Heterogenous File loading (text, XML) and monitoring for Completeness, Accuracy in Datawarehouse environments
- Knowledge of ETL and Unix advanced commands
- Capable of working under pressure on a 24*7 production support environment.
- Good documentation, reporting and continuous improvement
- Experience working on at least 1 project where multiple teams are involved (e.g. ETL/Unix other applications involving multiple agency vendors for file generation and movement etc)
- Issue resolution of incidents and Service requests
- Lead the team for ETL file loading management and Datawarehousing solutions
- Specify, demonstrate, and scope Teradata SQL and Unix solutions that deliver business value to the client/project in Datawarehousing environment
- Monitor and troubleshoot any issues during project life cycle
- Provide technical expertise to data warehouse that will contribute to innovative business solutions.
- The ability to work with the multiple 3rd party agencies for file loading activities
- Debugging application issues
- Decoding error messages
- Leading automation efforts to deliver efficient solutions
Professional Development Offered: -
- Training on the Teradata database and SQL
- Training on the Unix advanced skills
- ITIL framework
Community / Marketing Title: Application Operations Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN