Business Application Consultant
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 211181
The Business Application Consultant will support sales motions and provide business consulting for Teradata applications, Aster Data applications, custom applications, and ISV applications. The application may be an existing Teradata application such as Customer Interaction Manager, Marketing Studio, Digital Messaging, Demand Chain Management, or a Teradata custom developed application such as a web dashboard, an Aster Data Application, Hadoop Application, or an ISV application. The Business Application Consultant will work closely with other professional services consultants, professional services management, and sales to insure that the client’s requirements for their application are properly specified, documented, and followed. The consultant will be responsible for the application testing, training, and mentoring as well as providing best practice and thought leadership to clients with regard to the application business domain. The Business Application Consultant may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support sales motions, demonstrations, and scoping of Teradata application offers.
- Gather and document client requirements and develop the application solution design.
- Provide the application solution configuration required to order the solution e.g. application software licenses required, application servers required, list pricing, etc.
- Provide best practice guidance and mentoring to clients using the Teradata application.
- Facilitate application test specification and testing.
- Full-time bachelor degree or above, majoring in computer, information management or related majors.
- More than two years of banking project experience, familiar with business knowledge and analytical management applications of commercial banks (such as customer management, risk management, financial management, supervision and performance assessment, etc.), with risk, financial and regulatory background preferred.
- Relevant background in database, data warehouse or business intelligence, experience in design and development of data mart, proficient in data model design, SQL development, and experience in Teradata platform is preferred.
- Strong sense of responsibility, stress resistance and willingness to accept a certain percentage of travel.
- Strong client interaction, communication, and consulting skills.
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Business Application Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN