Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 211180
A Data Modeler provides subject matter expertise on Data Models and Data Architecture and works with relational databases.
A Data Modeler recommends improvements in data quality, data management, lineage, and governance across the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse lifecycles.
Working as part of a highly skilled data management team, the Data Modeler is responsible for developing robust pragmatic data models that meet requirements while supporting the data architectural design principles and designs of the broader IT organization.
Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills are essential as the role involves working closely with our clients, 3rd party vendors, management consultants, and internal data teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Data Profiling
- Work with ETL consultants to map source system data to Teradata physical models Provide support in the use of enterprise and analytical data, particularly identifying synergies and connections between data across business areas.
- Providing support to analyze data requirements and data stored in a disparate set of systems and designing a robust set of data structures.
- Drive standardization and simplification across the enterprise, lowering cost, improving quality and value of data assets.
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel to facilitate a trusted advisor relationship.
- Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
- Full-time bachelor degree or above, majoring in computer, information management or related majors.
- More than two years of experience in banking projects, familiar with business knowledge and business processes of commercial banks, with core or credit background preferred.
- Background related to database, data warehouse or business intelligence, mastering the basic concepts of relational data model, being able to skillfully perform data model design, SQL development, and experience with Teradata platform is preferred.
- Strong sense of responsibility, stress resistance and willingness to accept a certain percentage of travel.
- Strong client interaction, communication, and consulting skills.
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN