ServiceNow Lead Developer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211176
Location: India - Hyderabad
Teradata Global Support Operations is building capabilities to further drive our company and function’s transformation. We are seeking a highly-skilled and technology-focused team member to help evolve the future of the System Change Management organization.
The System Change Management organization is leading the transition of Change Control practices from a series of manual activities to an orchestrated automated process. This is a senior role that will be critical to support this transition. You will design and deliver the vision of process improvement and workflow automation to provide our customers with a best-in-class user experience. They will work closely with the System Change Automation team and business users in GSO to drive solutions to understand use cases and requirements for initiatives relating to change management modernization, service analytics, remote support automation, phone home alerting, automatic incident creation, event-triggered diagnostics, and more. They will utilize your proven development experience in ServiceNow process automation application customization using scripting, Business Rules, UI Scripts, Workflows, Flow Designer, etc. to deliver solutions that meet those requirements.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to understand business objectives and current state
- Work with the product owner and other participating organizations (e.g. ITS, Security, Service Ops Excellence, etc.) to guide, co-define, and prioritize backlog that adheres to project expectations
- Design and Architect Automation Workflows using ServiceNow Orchestration, Flow Designer, Integration Hub, and Workflow Editor in line with established standards
- Lead implementation of enabling solutions, including but not limited to process automation workflows, integrations with related components (e.g. CMDB, Password Vault, LDAP, web services, etc.)
- Mentor the development team on industry best practices on design, implementation, and automated testing of ServiceNow workflows and integrations
- Create and maintain technical design documents
- Triage, analyze, troubleshoot, and fix field reported issues
- Adhere to Teradata policies and procedures around application development, security, and testing
- Remain current on ServiceNow features and best practices as well as industry trends including ITIL and ITSM
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on ServiceNow experience, specifically in designing domain separated IT process automation workflows orchestrated with ITOM on Linux systems
- Hands-on experience with key ServiceNow modules (ITOM, Incident, CMDB, Change, and Problem)
- ITOM experience a must
- Practical knowledge in system installation, administration, and automated parallel upgrade processes
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) software development methodology
- Experience working with RDBMS and SQL queries
- Experience in using virtual infrastructure (e.g. VMWare, Vagrant, etc.) for development, support, and testing
- BS in Computer Science or another technical discipline
- Knowledge of Teradata products
- Experience with Teradata upgrade and support tools
- Experience with Teradata expansion and configuration processes
- Experience in using Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with common configuration management tools such as Ansible/Puppet
- Experience leverage development languages such as python to improve the customer support experience
- Experience in using GitHub, JIRA, and other common development tools
- Closed-Loop/Corrective Action experience
- ITIL certification
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: ServiceNow Lead Developer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN