Cloud DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211172
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA or US Virtual
Level: Staff (DevOps Engineer IV)
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with Data and Analytics in the Cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their Analytics needs with Cloud-based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata Cloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data Analytics and Discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data Analytics Platform to make sense of petabyte-scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
We’re seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud organization and leverage their technical acumen to design, develop, implement, and support our Hybrid Cloud platform to support our Commercial and FedRamp offer. We are looking for candidates that understand owning a service from end to end, can prosper in a highly distributed and dynamic environment, and enable fast-paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with a systemic discipline, we are also looking for candidates who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
- Design, Deploy, and Support new and existing Cloud Infrastructure in support of current customers and future growth in public cloud environments
- Responsible for supporting Identify and Access Management (IAM), Privileged Access Management (PAM), Artifactory through the integration with our CI/CD pipeline
- Work with Cloud and security architecture teams in specifying technical requirements to support shared components deployed in our Commercial and FedRamp environments
- Provide a level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding performance and configuration, including off-hours escalations
- Maintain system architecture documentation, run-books, diagrams, and assets in the configuration management database
- Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to system management including process and efficiency improvements
- Monitor and tune system infrastructure to identify and eliminate issues and potential bottlenecks
- Prepare and review periodic reports related to performance and capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Science or equivalent degree or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in working on cloud infrastructure with automation
- At least 3 years of experience with system and application configuration automation (inclusive of scripting with Python/Bash, AWS CodeBuild, and DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Terraform/Jenkins)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience managing and administering Windows Active Directory and/or Ping Identity
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux
- Minimum 3+ years of experience implementing least privileged access in public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and Google
- Strong understanding of IAM platforms and components
- Experiencing with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems in on-prem and public cloud environments
- Strong DevOps fundamentals with experience in building CICD pipelines
- Experience with developing services using Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like New Relic, Nagios, Icinga, or DataDog
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience with working in a DevOps culture
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform related certifications
If you are interested in working in an innovative environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. Come join us in helping the world’s largest organizations get the most out of their data and analytics at scale!
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military, and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US