Staff Cloud Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 211156
Staff Cloud Software Engineer
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud? Do you enjoy providing technical leadership to a team of engineers?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Vantage Cloud Platform team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers, to build cloud services and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud Platform Engineering Team focused on GovCloud investments.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Design and Implement Cloud services that manage the infrastructure and control plane on the public cloud platforms.
- Implement automations to provision, configure, manage and monitor Teradata Cloud services, sites and offerings.
- Responsible for consulting with stakeholders to specify requirements and solutions which address business challenges and opportunities.
- Expert-level knowledge in the vertical, creating documentation and evangelizing with other teams
- Serve as a subject matter expert in your vertical, performing design reviews and consulting with internal teams to ensure best practices
- Defines technical standards and software solutions. Supports definition and refinement of high-level and non-functional requirements.
- Provides technical leadership; champions reference architecture; peer reviewer; mentors dev team; identifies smoke tests; ensures DevSecOps best practices
- Provides technical direction related to the implementation of software architectures by other staff and TIO
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 8 years of hands-on software development experience.
- At least 2 years as a technical lead.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with dev-ops software development methods.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience in full stack development.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos etc.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Familiarity with FedRAMP compliance and GovCloud standards will be a plus.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US