Legal Counsel Dublin , Ireland
Location: Dublin, Leinster IE
Requisition Number: 211148
This Legal Counsel position in the Teradata Law Department is required to provide contracting advice, drafting and negotiation for Teradata sales organizations in the UK, Ireland and other European jurisdictions as well as providing general day to day legal advice. The role will initially involve supporting transactions in the UK/Ireland area, occasionally teaming with more senior counsel on complex commercial transactions.
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be a fully qualified attorney/solicitor in Ireland or England or another European jurisdiction with approximately 3-5 years post-qualification experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- The candidate must have strong licensing and commercial transactions experience, preferably both domestic and international. IT outsourcing, cloud computing and SaaS experience is a plus, but not a pre-requisite.
- The candidate must have experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of contract documents including master agreements, complex project agreements, statements of work, and data processing agreements.
- Looking for an experienced individual who can drive all facets of contracting from proposal/RFI preparation through contract negotiation and completion. The candidate will be the key coordinator of activities leading to the proactive resolution of business and legal issues pertaining to assigned contracts.
- Assisting with ethics and compliance matters.
- Providing education and training to internal business units (especially sales and professional services) regarding company contracting policies, ethics and compliance and other emerging legal issues.
- Looking for counsel who can provide pragmatic, hands-on day to day legal advice on a broad range of domestic and international legal issues. Employment law and data protection law experience are highly desirable.
- The ideal candidate is customer-focused, energetic, self-motivated, and business oriented, with a drive to conclude deals, managing multiple deals from beginning to end and understands how to balance legal risks with business objectives and successfully get deals closed.
- Strong writing, negotiation and analytical skills are needed for this position. Must be able to work autonomously with initiative and creativity. Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines are also important qualifications.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interface comfortably with all levels in the organization including senior management.
- Good skills with Office365 tools set, esp. Word, Teams, Outlook.
- We encourage flexible working that will allow you to work from the Teradata office and working remotely from your home office , subject to the business needs.
- Will require occasional domestic and overseas travel.
Community / Marketing Title: Legal Counsel Dublin , Ireland
Job Category: Legal
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, Leinster IE