Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 211145
Organization: Teradata GDC
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan.
Position Title: Data Scientist
Department: Data Science
Teradata GDC is looking to add dynamic new members to our Data Science team. We design, develop & deliver Data Science, Machine Learning and Artifical Intelligence solutions addressing real-world business problems for our global clients in domains as diverse as Retail, Finance, and Healthcare to Oil & Gas, Hospitality and Telecomunications. These solutions incorporate cutting edge ML and AI tools with our best in class cloud analytics platform Vantage.Interested candidates should have good analytical skills, business understanding, above average communication skills and an understanding backed by experience of DWH and Cloud concepts.
Successful candidates will -
- Engage with Teradata account teams and prospective customers to analyze and understand customer requirements.
- Work directly with prospective customers’ technical and business teams to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements.
- Work on POC and Pilot Projects to showcase the benefits of Advanced Analytics and Big Data Technologies to customers.
- Use Analytical tools and Deep Learning frameworks; like SAS, Python, R, DeepStream, TensorFlow, AzureML etc., to deliver the required analytics solutions
- Comfortable with hands-on data wrangling and number crunching skills to develop the right insights
- Present findings to IT and Business stakeholders.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to come up with possible solutions/analytics.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years’ experience in data driven field (e.g. BI, DWH, Analytics etc.).
- Hands on experience with programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Java, etc.)
- Comfortable with and experience using SQL.
- Familiarity with Statistical concepts. In-depth understanding is a plus.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts. In-depth understanding is a plus.
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning is a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Experience in data analysis is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage critical situations.
- Team player.
- Business understanding for at least one field.
- Story building skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK