Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 211124
Software Cloud Engineer – Cloud Platform
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud? Do you enjoy providing technical leadership to a team of engineers?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Vantage Cloud Platform team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers, to build cloud services and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud Platform Engineering Team focused on GovCloud investments.
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Role & Responsibilities
- Implement Cloud services that manage the infrastructure and control plane on the public cloud platforms.
- Implement automations to provision, configure, manage and monitor Teradata Cloud services, sites and offerings.
- Knowledgeable in the vertical, creating documentation and evangelizing with other teams.
- Defines technical standards and software solutions. Supports definition and refinement of high-level and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate well within a tight-knit team to produce world-class enterprise-grade software.
- Deliver high-quality Python/R/Java/GO/C++ software solutions that meet performance, durability, cost, and security benchmarks.
- Show strong passion for developing incredibly simple yet highly functional API’s.
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, working on rapidly evolving business needs & delivering quality solutions on on-time.
- Investigate and explore creative ways to address the challenges in the project.
In this role you will be working on critical and highly visible functionality withing Teradata Vantage platform.
- 2+ years industry experience in software development and operating scalable software systems.
- Experience with building, and operating distributed complex software systems on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Python, Java, R, Go, C++ or other object-oriented languages - preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform including internals or equivalent lower-level implementation.
- Strong data structures and algorithms fundamentals
- Experience writing unit and system level tests.
- Must have experience with containerization technology such as Docker.
- Experience with server-side and front-end development.
- Experience in group software development and routine use of version control tools required, specifically Git.
- Must have strong debugging skills.
- Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
- Familiarity with RDBMS – PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- Experience with Python, Java, Go, C++ languages.
- Experience with Kubernetes, docker containers and experience programming languages such as Go.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value.
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts & SQL.
- Knowledgeable with open-source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN