Marketing Business Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211115
The Business Analyst is responsible for developing and communicating data driven insight around marketing performance and effectiveness. The candidate must be well versed in assimilating, synthesizing, and critically evaluating data and information from various sources and developing impactful observations, recommendations, and conclusions. This includes collecting, updating, and analyzing data from various sources, and ensuring data integrity via data preparation and cleansing. The candidate needs to be comfortable turning data into visualizations that are easily understood and discussing results with multiple internal teams. The role requires superior analytical skills and extensive experience with business intelligence tools especially Microsoft Power BI. While our headquarters is in San Diego and we'd prefer to have someone in that location, we are open to considering virtual candidates who fit the job as well.
- Develop, prepare and complete all reporting in a timely manner, using primarily Microsoft Power BI. This includes developing necessary processes and foundation to support the reporting and insights necessary to support and drive the objectives of the business.
- Collaborate with our internal data warehouse team to ensure all pertinent marketing data is available for reporting. This includes identifying new data to add, defining requirements, user testing and deployment as well as troubleshooting data integrity issues.
- Collecting, updating, and analyzing data from various sources for reporting and analysis.
- Preparing and cleansing data as required for reporting and analysis.
- Perform reporting out of Salesforce, Eloqua, and the Integrated Data Warehouse; among potential others.
- Respond to and fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests from various business units and project managers to help them understand the relative impact and results from their own activities.
- Provide accurate analysis with thoughtful insights to get beyond just ‘what happened’ to ‘why did it happen’ and ‘what should we do about it and what do we think will happen next?’
- Communicate results clearly so that constituents understand the impact and outcome of the numbers.
- Drive movement toward more predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Continuously evolving and advancing the effectiveness of marketing performance reporting.
- Driving and/or supporting the establishment of targets and goals to be used in reporting and analysis.
- Developing and applying broad and deep knowledge of the business and marketing initiatives supported, primarily through interaction with the management and business users.
- Striving to apply knowledge of marketing performance measurement and metrics through active awareness of the most current techniques and benchmarks (i.e. research, webinars, education, etc.).
- 3-5 years’ experience delivering marketing and business reporting and analytics with a proven track record of delivering results
- Strong collaborative skills and characteristics, and a track record of establishing strong connections with business users and managers to develop analytics and reporting that helps them drive business results
- Experience using BI/Visualization tools especially Microsoft Power BI, in order to make data clear and easy to understand
- Experience developing reporting and analysis using Salesforce required
- Experience developing reporting and analysis using Eloqua is a plus
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven with the ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience pulling metrics & insights from disparate sources using disparate tools and bringing them into our data and reporting as necessary
- Ability to apply innovative thinking to solve complex marketing challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business, marketing, and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional ability to assimilate, synthesize, and critically evaluate data and information from various sources and develop impactful observations, recommendations, and conclusions
- Ability to effectively present reports, analysis, and recommendations to all levels of management
- SQL programming skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, high level of accuracy
- Creativity and innovation, ability to overcome obstacles
- Flexibility and adaptability
- BS degree is required. MS degree a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Business Analyst
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US