Location: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 211085
Role: Senior Data Scientist, Analytics Business Consulting
Job Location: Mumbai/Pune
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Work in close coordination with DS teams within GDC centers as well International DS teams to serve global customers.
- Work with other GDC and Teradata teams to produce packaged solutions, in addition to supporting Analytics projects and PoCs/PoVs.
- Apply comprehensive data science knowledge to propose optimal techniques for key business challenges
- Create detailed data science proposals and project plans, flagging any limitations of proposed solution
- Design and prototype experimental solutions, particularly machine learning models
- Design scaled solutions and ensure high quality and timely delivery
- Facilitate industrialization and ongoing operation of solutions through well organized code, clear documentation, and collaboration with ML Ops resources
- Work as an individual contributor to define and execute DS solutions that address client use cases and business requirements.
- Deliver projects following our internal frameworks and best practices.
- Masters/PhD: in Computer science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Operations Research/Economics/ Data science or related filed.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with Master’s Degree or 5+ years of hands-on experience with PhD.
- Deep learning (Transformers, Encoder-decoder, Sequence 2 sequence models)
- Enterprise scale data processing- Expert
- Machine learning - Expert
- Statistical modelling- Expert
- Python coding - Fully Operational
- Data science platform tools e.g. MS Azure, Databricks - Fully Operational
- Collaborative development using Git repos - Fully Operational
- Experience with opensource languages (eg. Python) and preferably with distributed computing (PySpark)
- Experience in deploying solutions in a modern cloud-based architecture (e.g. Azure)
The successful candidate must -
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Proven skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter.
- Possess a solid understanding of the value of data and how technology enables companies to compete better in the marketplace.
- Collaborative team player, professional attitude with a strong drive and positive mind.
- Be self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems.
- Be willing to travel.
City: Airoli Navi Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN