Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211039
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers in the space of Cloud Identity and Access Management, who are passionate about designing and developing resilient, scalable, no-touch cloud services. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a start-up-like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then we have the right opportunity for you. You will join a team of engineers to build cloud services that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position will be based out of Raleigh, NC, or San Diego, CA.
Your job responsibilities shall include:
- Analyze, Design, Develop and Maintain cloud identity services that encompass all Identity and Access Management functions – Authentication, Authorization, User Provisioning, and Synchronization – on public cloud infrastructure – AWS / Azure / GC.
- Administration, Operationalize, and Troubleshoot cloud identity services within an internal cloud hosting or as part of federated identity services with our partners and customers.
- Implement RBAC and SSO solutions using best practices in the field of Cloud Access solutions, Multi-factor Authentication, Certification management, and Lifecycle management of Identities.
- Manage, Configure, Implement and Test IAM services with the connectors for internal and external applications.
- Participate in diagnosing, testing, and resolving IAM defects and issues in collaboration with cloud platform and operations teams.
- Develop runbooks and complete automated flow of services in IAM to enable Cloud Operations and Support teams to host and manage infrastructure without manual intervention.
Ideal candidate shall possess:
- 8-10 years of experience in developing cloud services on public cloud infrastructure (AWS/Azure/GC) with recent 4-5 years in the space of IAM and Cloud security domain.
- Deep understanding of Cloud IAM space, Cloud Security Governance standards, and protocols including SSO, Directory Services, Federated Identity, OAuth, Multi-factor Authentication, SAML, etc.
- Subject matter expert in using PING Identity (or equivalent Auth0, Okta) as Cloud Identity Provider.
- Strong experience of micro-services architecture on cloud platforms using REST, JSON, Go, Python.
- Having experience in automating and provisioning IAM infrastructure on the cloud using modern cloud deployment tools is an advantage
- Understanding security vulnerabilities, threat modeling, identity, and access exploitation aspects would be helpful
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US