Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 211039
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers in the space of Cloud Identity and Access Management, who are passionate about designing and developing resilient, scalable, no-touch cloud services. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a start-up-like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then we have the right opportunity for you. You will join a team of engineers to build cloud services that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position will be based out of Raleigh, NC, or San Diego, CA.
Your job responsibilities shall include:
- Analyze, Design, Develop and Maintain cloud identity services that encompass all Identity and Access Management functions – Authentication, Authorization, User Provisioning, and Synchronization – on public cloud infrastructure – AWS / Azure / GC.
- Administration, Operationalize, and Troubleshoot cloud identity services within an internal cloud hosting or as part of federated identity services with our partners and customers.
- Implement RBAC and SSO solutions using best practices in the field of Cloud Access solutions, Multi-factor Authentication, Certification management, and Lifecycle management of Identities.
- Manage, Configure, Implement and Test IAM services with the connectors for internal and external applications.
- Participate in diagnosing, testing, and resolving IAM defects and issues in collaboration with cloud platform and operations teams.
- Develop runbooks and complete automated flow of services in IAM to enable Cloud Operations and Support teams to host and manage infrastructure without manual intervention.
Ideal candidate shall possess:
- 8-10 years of experience in developing cloud services on public cloud infrastructure (AWS/Azure/GC) with recent 4-5 years in the space of IAM and Cloud security domain.
- Deep understanding of Cloud IAM space, Cloud Security Governance standards, and protocols including SSO, Directory Services, Federated Identity, OAuth, Multi-factor Authentication, SAML, etc.
- Subject matter expert in using PING Identity (or equivalent Auth0, Okta) as Cloud Identity Provider.
- Strong experience of micro-services architecture on cloud platforms using REST, JSON, Go, Python.
- Having experience in automating and provisioning IAM infrastructure on the cloud using modern cloud deployment tools is an advantage
- Understanding security vulnerabilities, threat modeling, identity, and access exploitation aspects would be helpful
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US