Director Program Management, Cloud Platforms
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211025
Director, Program Management Cloud Platforms
The Director, Program Management, Cloud Platforms is responsible for successful delivery of key and critical Cloud technology projects and continuous delivery release execution. Position is primarily responsible for all phases of the project and operational lifecycle. Position oversees several program workstreams working closely with business stakeholders representing key internal customer communities to determine priorities and expectations. Director, Program Management Cloud Platforms will guide and support all assigned members of the PMO team and is a member of the PMO Leadership team leading, organizing, coordinating, and driving workstream programs and projects. She/he will be working closely with numerous technology delivery teams, and will lead program alignment and status updates to senior level leaders and participate in day to day oversight ensuring successful delivery of prioritized workstreams. The ideal candidate will be extremely knowledgeable with SAFE Scaled Agile methodology, with several years of intensive experience managing large and complex technology projects and programs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure enterprise programs/projects deliver on commitments
- Coach, develop, and inspire team members
- Influence across, and up/down the ecosystem
- Have a bias for Action, and Extreme Ownership attitude
- Ability to negotiate for positive outcomes and driving the conversation forward
- Define, plan, direct the establishment & execution of a broad range of technical programs/projects, while balancing the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources and risk
- Lead and monitor the activities of the workstream project teams assigned to the program
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports for the program, following Teradata’s documented execution framework, the Unified Offering Lifecycle.
- Provide project / program risk analysis and mitigation planning
- Maintain overall control of the consolidated schedule, budget and scope
- Create collaborative partnerships and perform stakeholder management with customers, vendors and other teams to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure projects’ objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders.
- Confirm and track projects’ scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Prepare and manage deliverables (Project Plan, Risk Plan, Communication Plan, etc.) – use deliverables to conduct the project
- Manage the escalation of issues and submit recommendations to executive steering teams to remediate
- Track the status of deliverables and any decisions made regarding Project Change Requests and outstanding issues weekly
- Update appropriate documentation and project plan to reflect changes in requirements and commitments
- Identify, document and ensure analysis of scope change requests throughout the project / program lifecycle
- Utilize company release management, change management standards and procedures
- Ability to develop Agile supporting processes and guide the team to adopt and embrace change
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate meetings where you will articulate complex concepts
- Strong communication, negotiation, and relationship building skills
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment with a highly collaborative, team oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high level of attention to detail
- Positive, energetic attitude to achieve great things
- Organize, lead and monitor the activities of the project / program workstream teams
- Provide project / program risk analysis and mitigation planning across all workstreams
- Experience in managing technology projects for new product introduction, ideally in the Software industry
- 7-10 years leading large scale complex enterprise technology solution project / programs for a global company
- Servant leadership and ability to pivot to Situational Leadership
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, presenting, meeting facilitation, negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills able to lead highly matrixed teams
- Expert managing multiple, simultaneous projects and programs
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Experience collaborating with and supporting product owners across different departments
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management and external partners
- Must be able to deal with rapid, dynamic changes in a positive and professional manner
- Well versed in Agile and specifically Scrum Agile. CSM or PSM certification a plus
- PMI PMP certification strongly desired
- MBA, or relevant business experience (finance, costing, budget management competencies)
- Executive presence and judgment to elevate communications in altitude (high-level vs. deep dive dynamically)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director Program Management, Cloud Platforms
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US