Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 211013
The Data Scientist is responsible for advanced analytics on data, usually associated with data mining or statistical analysis. This often involves assembling and preparing forecasting, response modeling, fraud detection, segmentation, and CRM. Industry specific methods and solutions are used to solve industry specific tasks.
- Clarify the business problem for the purpose of data analysis.
- Define data mining application requirements.
- Define, build, and verify analytical models.
- Interpret and document the analytical models and results.
- Support clients in scoring analytical models or score models on behalf of the client.
- Deliver a workshop or a presentation to clients on lessons learned from the analysis and model development.
- Train clients on any techniques required for their future use of analytical models.
Flexible to work in office or customer site and to travel across East China when required
- Bachelors Degree or above in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, Business, Finance, etc.
- 1-3 years or above analytic modeling experience including at least 2 years continuous experience in relevant industries or business
- Should have a strong analytic background, typically in mathematics and the application of statistics
- Have ability to develop both descriptive and predictive analyses using techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, decision tress, clustering, and others.
- Familiar with SQL and good knowledge of analytical toolsets (SAS/Python/R/Spark, etc).
- Knowledge of the industry associated with the project.
- Can work independently and under hard pressure.
- Learn fast and high interest of pursuing a consulting career
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN