Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 211007
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Our Quality & Tools group enables our development teams to build world-class products for both on-premises and cloud-based solutions. We work with the top public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud), as well as a large private cloud deployment on VMware. In addition, we are looking to expand our use of Kubernetes from on-prem to the cloud.
If you have a passion for automation, a cloud-first mindset, and see yourself thriving as a member of one of our fast-paced, High Performance teams, then this might be the right opportunity for you.
To be successful in this position, you will excel at working with different technology and people, automating recurring tasks, and developing self-service solutions that contribute toward a framework for centralized management. Furthermore, you will develop standardized cloud test environments for various phases of testing in the SDLC as well as collect and analyze logs, usage metrics, and spend data to ensure that our environments are secure, cost-effective, and easy to use.
- Manage public cloud development environments, including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and VMware
- Deploy high-speed hybrid cloud networking solutions between on-prem systems and the cloud
- Manage multiple Kubernetes environments both on-prem and across public cloud providers
- Drive and develop process automation so we can deliver everything-as-a-service
- Use cloud services, open source technologies, and automation to improve productivity and security
- Help us aggregate, analyze, and visualize data, to ensure resources are used efficiently
Required Skills and Experience:
- US Permanent Residence
- Bachelor's degree in a Technology field
- 5 or more years of Information Technology experience
- Experience working in one or more hybrid cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and VMware)
- Scripting experience with Python and/or PowerShell
- Administrator-level operating system experience with Windows or Linux
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a passion for continuous improvement and a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Experience with VMware vRealize Automation
- Experience with process automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Packer, StackStorm)
- Experience developing and deploying Docker containers
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US