Senior Data Scientist
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 211004
Senior Data Scientist
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will perform analysis, and be responsible for the implementation and support of large scale data and analytics for our clients. You will work in a team whose data science efforts range from exploration and investigation to the design and development of analytic systems. Your technical leadership in extracting meaning from large scale, unstructured data is coupled to your ability to work with engineering teams to integrate with underlying systems as Teradata provides Big Data solutions to clients.
Additionally, you will provide technical and managerial leadership in a team that designs and develops path-breaking large scale cluster data processing systems. Develop new business and manage existing client relationships. Mentor sophisticated organizations on large scale data and analytics and work with client teams to deliver results. Help Teradata establish thought leadership in the big data space by contributing white papers, technical commentary, and representing Teradata at industry conferences. Help grow Teradata as a world-class professional services organization.
- Experience managing client relationships
- Experience mentoring and training
- Pre-sales experience in analytical projects
- Proven expert at software development
- Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies
- Ability to analyze data
- Data integration
- Strong team player capable of working in a demand start-up environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Generating data profiles including measures of central tendency, measures of deviation, and correlations in R, Python or other "non-big-data" technologies. Generation of basic charts (e.g. histograms, scatter plots, line charts) for data analysis purposes.
- Generating data profiles including measures of central tendency, measures of deviation, and correlations over Hadoop & Spark or other approved big-data technology. Generation of basic charts (e.g. histograms, scatter plots, line charts) for data analysis purposes.
- Design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using R-Shiny, Ipython Notebooks, Zeppelin or other approved open-source visualization technology.
- Design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using Qlik Sense and Tableau on top of the Dashboard Engine or leveraging another Big Data API such as Spark Livy or another approved API
- Calculating and interpreting ANOVA models, ANCOVA models, hypothesis tests, and confidence intervals.
- Creating and interpreting at least one type of each of these statistical models: GLM, CART, Ensemble Learning.
- Creating and interpreting one of these models: k-means, hierarchical agglomerative clustering, or approved other clustering model.
- Able to write technical reports for projects and/or internal collateral for training or internal assets.
- Able to write non-technical documents that describe our offer (or solutions) for a non-technical audiences. This can include a delivery presentation for a non-technical audience, a conference presentation or marketing material
- Able to deliver presentations during client meetings, conferences or sales events to explain our offers, positioning, solutions to a technical and non-technical audiences.
- Defining tasks required to complete project goals; estimating efforts and timelines.
- Delegating and managing activities through completion; tracking progress; and updating plans where needed.
- Successfully completed an analytics agenda including activities captured in Descriptive Statistics, Exploratory Visualizations, and at least 2 activities from Basic Modeling.
Job Location JAPAN
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP