ServiceNow Discovery Administrator
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210984
Teradata is seeking a ServiceNow Discovery Administrator in Information Technology Analytics and Security organization. This is an Individual Contributor level position requiring performance in the areas of Product Delivery, Technical Capacity, and Development. The Developer will be responsible for administering ServiceNow product as well as responsible for continuous improvement of the product for automating key Teradata processes. The Developer will work with our internal ServiceNow Team as well as vendors and other Teradata divisions as needed. The Developer works with technical team members and business stakeholders to ensure success of the product feature delivery and adoption. We are seeking individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Identifies, develops, and prioritizes functional requirements for new or revised features or enhancements
- Serves as a product analyst for ServiceNow products, specifically CMDB, Discovery, and ITOM capabilities
- Works on the Product technical development including configuration, coding, unit testing, and release
- Works with internal team to deliver Agile-based product releases
- Participates in daily scrums, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews, and retrospectives throughout all phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Develops or contributes to development of job aids and training courses
- Gathers, analyzes, and when appropriate, contributes or starts to design the re-engineering of business processes
- Proactively solves product issues promptly and effectively
- Expertise in Discovery probes, sensors, and troubleshooting
- Ability to define and document Discovery policy and processes
- Ability to comprehend, modify, and create Discovery patterns
- Strong understanding of business applications and their relationships to infrastructure CIs per the CSDM
- Familiarity with and ability to show initiative implementing Service Mapping per CSDM
- Ability to define and enforce CSDM/CMDB data foundation standards, policy, and processes
- Broad general knowledge of IT Infrastructure topology including typical application, server, and networking configurations
- Ability to create, modify, and configure REST/SOAP integrations and IntegrationHub spokes
- Experience with Security VR and integration with infrastructure scanning tools such as Tenable
- Strong networking knowledge to include routing protocols, TCP/UDP transmission, IP transit diagnosis, sub-netting
- Intermediate knowledge of Server Administration across OS platforms, including user permission levels, group policy objects, and SUDO policies
- Proactively participates in problem solving and responds immediately to emergency situations
- Proactively improves technical capabilities through training, workshops, and events
- Recommends strategies to streamline systems for effectiveness and efficiency, considering client needs, team dynamics, and division and corporate missions
- Proactively communicates and liaises with other departments, units, and individuals on joint planning and activities
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related (equivalent experience considered)
- 2+ years overall experience ServiceNow ITOM/CMDB/Discovery Administrator
- 5+ years overall experience in an IT Service Management role
- Training and Certifications to include: ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, ServiceNow Discovery Fundamentals
- Additional desired training, experience and/or certifications: ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – Discovery, ServiceNow Advanced System Administration, Scripting in ServiceNow, ITILv4 Foundations, CCNA or equivalent, MCSA, RHCSA (Microsoft, RedHat)
- Experience in IT Service Management processes and tools required
- Experience in requirement analysis and business process re-engineering required
- Prior experience in agile methodologies
- Experience with data analysis using Power BI, Excel Pivot Tables, or other similar tools preferred
- Ability to solve complex technical or operational problems and evaluates options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: ServiceNow Discovery Administrator
Job Category: IT
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US