Private Cloud Infrastructure Administrator
Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 210978
The Private Cloud Infrastructure Administrator onboards, administrates, and operates cloud solutions and managed on premises DWH solutions. Infrastructure Administrators perform all the virtualization expansions, contractions, and upgrades of managed systems located in the cloud and on premises.
Infrastructure Administrators perform VMWare Administration, OS administration, BI administration, and Data Integration administration for private cloud environments.
Infrastructure Administrators are proficient with the management and monitoring tools that are needed for the environments they are responsible for.
The Infrastructure Administrator is responsible for the hands-on day to day operations of the system environment including administration, maintenance, control, tuning, optimization, capacity, security, configuration, process scheduling, and errors.
The Infrastructure Administrator may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform onboarding to migrate new customers or new DWH systems into a managed environment.
- Deploy systems, data, and applications to the chosen cloud infrastructure.
- Hands-on day to day operations of the system environment including administration, maintenance, control, tuning, optimization, capacity, security, configuration, process scheduling, and errors.
- Manage and support systems that are located on premises, in the private cloud, or functioning in a hybrid environment.
- Perform all the virtualization expansions, contractions, and upgrades and maintenance of managed systems located in the private cloud and in virtual environments.
- Mentor and interact with other team members and the client for the dissemination of information about the system and environment.
- Plan for and support hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Experience with VMwareTechnologies: ESXi, vCenter, vSphere, vSAN, NSX.
- In depth knowledge of administration, operations management, control, and tools used in a managed cloud, on premises, and hybrid environments.
- Database Administrator expertise in one or more of the following database technologies: Teradata, Oracle, SQL SERVER, etc.
- Linux/UNIX administration and shell scripting knowledge (at least basic).
- In depth knowledge of system management, error resolution and security tools.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehousing Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Nice to have:
- Deep knowledge and strong onboarding experience in the Analytic Ecosystem
- Understanding of the Teradata Unified Data Architecture
- Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
- Experience with Cisco (Intersight) and HPE (VCSA)
Community / Marketing Title: Private Cloud Infrastructure Administrator
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU