Senior Director, Agile Transformation, Portfolio Management Office
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 210977
Senior Director, Agile Transformation, Portfolio Management Office
Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics excite you? Would you like to work with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions? Then, Teradata has your next career opportunity.
We are looking for a servant leader, who will develop and support a learning organization model through coaching, training, and mentorship. They will enable an agile culture, foster Communities of Practice, provide community engagement opportunities, and offer career development guidance to the Agile Coaching team.
Key Responsibilities and Competencies
- You own the strategy and accountability for the implementation of Product Engineering’s Scaled Agile (SAFe) methodology.This includes the technical and strategic direction of Agile transformation.
- Your domain expertise is bar none, and you have complete mastery of the Scaled Agile framework.You have successfully led transformations of this size (or bigger).You look for creative ways to transform the way Teradata builds and ships products
- You Develop and implement Agile methodologies as the business needs change and demonstrate flexibility in all product areas.
- Your listening skills are active and generous.
- Your passion is infectious and inspiring, demonstrating exceptional stakeholder skills, communicating to generate support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization
- You Influence and drive teams to operate in a fast paced and exciting environment to develop and release high quality products in an iterative and continuous fashion.
- If you meet resistance, you double down and get curious. Your collaboration is legendary.
- You Lead, motivate and develop Agile coaches and work with teams to help them improve in needed areas and teach/coach them to run agile practices autonomously.
- You Develop a high-performing Agile team and you/they are ambassadors and trusted advisors across the organization.
- Due to you and your team’s hard work, we balance the right metrics, tools and artifacts to measure, operate and improve the effectiveness of our agile teams. The goal is to optimize the end to end workflow striving for process excellence.
- You sit on the PMO Leadership team, and work closely with the Program Directors, Release Train Engineers, program managers, scrum masters.
- You are a great people leader and role model for the entire PMO team.
- You prepare executive updates on overall Agile portfolio progress, risks, and next steps for Agile transformation, Set Agile COE Vision, and Objectives and Key Results.
- You define the overall Agile Transformation strategy, roadmap, and the end to end process outlining the changes in roles and responsibilities.
- You own the Agile COE Backlog and Roadmap - define and prioritize Epics for the Agile COE.
- You define process to govern the Operating model.
- Minimum of 12 years of engineering management experience with extensive experience in coaching, implementing and running agile practices with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- BA/BS Math or Computer Science and Agile / Lean / Scrum/ SAFe certifications or similar. MBA is a plus. As a proxy, work experience which demonstrates deep business knowledge.
- Comprehensive experience in Agile transformation in large, matrix, geographically dispersed and virtual teams successfully integrating Agile approaches across various disciplines and stakeholder groups.
- Technical expert in Agile transformation, software development principles and practices (Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban) and an acknowledged authority both internally and externally.
- Solid understanding of the high-tech sector and successful development and deployment of Agile transformation.
- Demonstration of strategic agility developing Agile Transformation approaches with Senior Leadership Team and Executives balancing short-term and long-term goals.
- Highly effective communication skills, including interactive listening with proven ability to negotiate across all levels of the organization.
- Experience in applying measurement and statistical process control techniques.
- Extensive experience in managing and developing high performing teams.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully adopting change management strategies in order to accomplish a successful transformation.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and leadership skills.
- Possess executive-level acumen with proven ability to influence decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (story telling) skills.
- Master Black Belt, Project Management, Lean and/or Six Sigma, and/or Change Management Certifications highly desired.
- Kanban (KCP, AKT, TKP, Kanban-EXP)
- Certified Coaching experience is a plus – ICF-CPP
- Scaled Agile Framework Certification (SAFe – SA or SAFe – SPC)
- Other Certifications: LeSS, CSP, CSPO, PMP, ACP
- A passion for quality
- Community involvement in Agile, public speaking or blogging for example
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veter
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Agile Transformation, Portfolio Management Office
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US