Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 210976
As Teradata Database Administrator, you will:
- Perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of Database, Performance Management & Reporting for customers
- Configure and maintain backup and recovery procedures
- Manage users and permissions based on the level of roles and security matrix
- Monitoring and tuning performance (monitoring CPU usage and Disk I/O activity via Viewpoint, Creating and maintaining indexes & partitioning, statistics collection, Teradata active workload management optimization)
- Working at the customer’s site or remotely from the company's office
- Incident handling and troubleshooting
- Involvement in pilot projects with Teradata’s and partner’s software
- Certification and exams in the period established by the head of the unit
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Database Administrator or Developer expertise in one or more of the following database technologies: Teradata, Oracle, etc.
- Linux/UNIX administration and shell scripting knowledge (at least basic)
- Deep knowledge and strong support experience in the Hadoop or Hadoop applications: Cloudera or Hortonworks
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning will be a plus
- Good at automating various processes
- Fluent Russian and elementary English
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Annual bonus
- Meal allowance
- Mobile phone allowance
- Medical and life insurance
- Employee referral program
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Database Administrator
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU