Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 210972
The Data Developer specializes in the design and development of the ETL environment, processes, programs, and scripts to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to appropriate structures within the Teradata RDBMS, Hadoop, Open Source Systems, and various other systems. Conversely, the Data Developer will also acquire data from Teradata sources such as the Teradata RDBMS, Hadoop, and other open source platforms, to apply to appropriate structures within any other customer system. The Data Developer designs and builds the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client. These tools may include direct interfaces supplied with Teradata, Hadoop, as well as third party data integration tools. The Data Developer will be key to implementing Teradata projects in both the public and private cloud as well as on premises, and needs to be familiar with best practices for working within these environments and within mixed environments. The Data Developer may also provide input to the database designer to optimize the data loading of the physical database. The Data Developer may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Capture ETL requirements – note this includes all data integration techniques such as ELT, etc.
- Design, develop, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems, production databases, Teradata, Hadoop, and other data platforms.
- Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency.
- Determine which data elements are historic and the retention period for historic data.
- Able to complete business requirements analysis, organize, and related ETL design and development.
- Complete the requirements analysis, data modeling, preparation of business definitions and related documents.
- Responsible for the data warehouse project database management, performance monitoring ,and optimization.
- 3+ years of data warehouse or BI projects experience and banking experience is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of ETL tools , RDBMS Theory and the SQL language.
- Ability to understand and properly use data integration techniques such as ETL and ELT.
- Profiling, validating, conditioning, transforming, and cleansing of data.
- Can use perl, shell, C and other computer language development is preferred.
- Familiar with Linux / Unix environment Common Operations Command.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works independently.
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Data Developer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN