Content Experience Lead
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210966
As the Content Experience Lead, you are responsible for creating the vision, setting the strategy and leading the execution of our content experience design, targeted toward the users of our products. You will be the team lead for the content experience designers on the User Experience (UX) team. You will guide them, set the standards to follow, and work closely with them in execution and delivery of their work.
You will partner with cross-functional colleagues in Product Management (PM), Product Engineering (PE), and Information Engineering (IE). You will help inform PM on how the content experience you’re designing is beneficial for the customers who are using our products, and you will aid PE and IE on how to best deliver the content experience within the shipped product and documentation support of that product.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager of UX Content & Design, on the User Experience team.
75% Individual Contributor and 25% Leadership
- Create the vision and strategy, and lead the execution for our content experience design
- Partner with PM, UX and IE to shape the vision and build Teradata’s next generation of our Documentation and Developer Portals
- Establish consistencies and standards for content design, voice and tone
- Develop content models and hierarchies and apply them to our Design System
- Work closely with IE, collaborating during the design and implementation of the content experience, including in the vision, strategy, design and execution of the work
- Partner with UX and IE leadership to establish a combination of OKRs and/or KPIs to measure effectiveness of the content delivered and continuously identify areas for improvement
- Work with leadership teams in UX, PM, PE, and IE to understand and align on priorities, user & business needs
- Lead and balance multiple projects at a time
- Lead by example in creating a positive, inclusive, and supportive team environment that encourages collaboration, innovation, and empathetic discussion
Success in this role can be measured by:
- Being able to walk the fine line of blue sky thinking and working with the realistic technical challenges faced during implementation
- Making measurable incremental improvements in the effectiveness of the content delivered
- Extending and improving our Design System with the content standards and models you establish
Your Everyday Characteristics
These are things that you are at your core. Think of them as strengths that come to you naturally and embody how you go about your life at home and at work.
- You gain energy when you are in front of a large audience and share something in which you are passionate and knowledgeable
- You are comfortable when sharing your opinions and goals with others, helping them understand so that they can align with and help you along your way to realizing them
- You are drawn to challenges that allow you to learn new things. Regardless of the subject, you want to learn more about it
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years professional experience in any of the following: content management, content design, content strategy, UX design, UX research, product design, service design, or related field
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and can handle balancing multiple projects at a time
- Have worked on SaaS-based initiatives and/or companies and have contributed to multiple shipped products
- Able to work independently and seek guidance in more complex situations
- Strong interpersonal skills that are used to build rapport and make connections easily with colleagues and our customers
- Are empathetic and able to connect with and understand user needs and desires
- Highly curious and inquisitive by nature, and eager to learn, discover and pioneer
- Ability to navigate and succeed in an undefined problem space
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of human-centered best practices and implementation of such in a highly technical enterprise setting
- Using Qualtrics (or other testing platforms), Dovetail, Aha!, Miro, and Figma
- Knowledge of design thinking methods, user research principles, methodologies and deliverables, wide variety of research methods and what knowledge will yield from each method
The Teradata User Experience team is the driving factor to pivot Teradata to a world-class, customer-centric technology company, that transform how business work and people live through the power of data. We relentlessly focus on customer needs, drastically reduce the complexity of our product and services, and ultimately expedite business outcomes for every customer we serve.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Content Experience Lead
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US