Location: Saudi Arabia
Requisition Number: 210960
The Teradata DM/BA’s role is a multi-faceted role, active as part of end-to-end project delivery as well as in pre-sales cycles for business exploration.
Teradata DM/BAs are responsible for the delivery of the business analysis and data design workstream for Teradata services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, tools, and analytics, in order to extract the correct requirements from our clients and correctly design solution from data perspective.
Responsibilities and duties:
As a DM/BA, you are responsible for the business analysis and data design workstream using Teradata methodologies and processes, including activities such as but not limited to:
- Data design – data modeling, data flow, data transformations
- Workstream scoping, planning and execution
- Requirements elicitation, definition and management (functional, non-functional) and associated documentation lifecycles
- Communications and stakeholder management
- Prototyping and UAT.
- Mapping business rules to logical model
- Perform recommendation for transfer of logical model to Physical model
- 8+ years’ experience in similar role
- Degrees Computer Science, Engineering or other related areas is desirable
- Knowledge/Experience in Data warehousing, big data, data modeling and data analysis
- Industry experience from one or more core industries (e.g. finance, insurance, Government, Taxation, telco) preferable Government.
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles
- Requirements documentation and information gathering techniques
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior-level client deliverables in both languages.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail focussed, resourceful, decisive, composed, problem-solver, flexible and adaptable
- Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
Skills, Knowledge & Experience (M = Must have; S = Should have)
- Data architecture and data modeling (M)
- Data analysis (M)
- Advanced SQL (S)
- Data integration principles (M)
- Data integration software (S)
- BI tools: specification, development, and use (e.g. Tableau/QlikView/BO) (S)
- Requirements management tools: e.g. JIRA, Jama, Trello (S)
- DataOps and DevOps tools and principles (like git, Jenkins, code automation tools) (S)
City: Ar Riyad
State: Ar Riyad
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ar Riyad, Ar Riyad SA