Location: Ar Riyad, Ar Riyad SA
Requisition Number: 210960
The Teradata DM/BA’s role is a multi-faceted role, active as part of end-to-end project delivery as well as in pre-sales cycles for business exploration.
Teradata DM/BAs are responsible for the delivery of the business analysis and data design workstream for Teradata services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, tools, and analytics, in order to extract the correct requirements from our clients and correctly design solution from data perspective.
Responsibilities and duties:
As a DM/BA, you are responsible for the business analysis and data design workstream using Teradata methodologies and processes, including activities such as but not limited to:
- Data design – data modeling, data flow, data transformations
- Workstream scoping, planning and execution
- Requirements elicitation, definition and management (functional, non-functional) and associated documentation lifecycles
- Communications and stakeholder management
- Prototyping and UAT.
- Mapping business rules to logical model
- Perform recommendation for transfer of logical model to Physical model
- 8+ years’ experience in similar role
- Degrees Computer Science, Engineering or other related areas is desirable
- Knowledge/Experience in Data warehousing, big data, data modeling and data analysis
- Industry experience from one or more core industries (e.g. finance, insurance, Government, Taxation, telco) preferable Government.
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles
- Requirements documentation and information gathering techniques
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior-level client deliverables in both languages.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail focussed, resourceful, decisive, composed, problem-solver, flexible and adaptable
- Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
Skills, Knowledge & Experience (M = Must have; S = Should have)
- Data architecture and data modeling (M)
- Data analysis (M)
- Advanced SQL (S)
- Data integration principles (M)
- Data integration software (S)
- BI tools: specification, development, and use (e.g. Tableau/QlikView/BO) (S)
- Requirements management tools: e.g. JIRA, Jama, Trello (S)
- DataOps and DevOps tools and principles (like git, Jenkins, code automation tools) (S)
City: Ar Riyad
State: Ar Riyad
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ar Riyad, Ar Riyad SA