Service Experience Manager (SEM)
Location: Madrid, Madrid ES
Requisition Number: 210948
Service Experience Manager (SEM)
The Service Experience Manager (SEM) Leader is responsible a team of Territory (Spain) Service Experience Managers who serve as trusted advisors to Enterprise and Commercial accounts. The SEM Leader will be responsible for ensuring the SEM’s are delivering operational excellence at the stakeholder level through proactive actions and insights, building and maintaining strong relationships across Customer Support (CS), Managed Services (MS) and IntelliCloud/Engineering (IC).
The SEM Leader will also be responsible for leading cross geography initiatives as assigned
The SEM Leader will collaborate with the Operations Managers responsible for the delivery of onsite services through direct or contractual resources to ensure agreed upon customer requirements are met and incident and service issues are resolved in a professional manner and within expected service levels.
Skills and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in business and/or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience working as a manager/leader in a customer-focused technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage a successful services business with P&L responsibility and resource management
- Demonstrated experience executing on change and transformation initiatives
- Proven experience in working with customers to drive offerings and operational execution.
- Ability to influence customer and/or organizational leadership to accomplish business objectives.
- Collaborative, open and flexible style with a strong customer service mindset; ability to quickly build rapport and credibility.
- Demonstrated operational knowledge and experience within a field or service affiliated organization.
- High-level technical knowledge of data warehouse products and services
- Ability to prioritize and perform effectively in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present technical ideas for non-technical audiences
- Ability to drive successful delivery teams that continually evolve and improve our ability to execute on time and above expectations
Main Tasks & Key Responsibilities
Drive Operational Excellence
- Promote service excellence within assigned geo through coaching, guidance, and leadership to create a positive work environment
- Lead key operational improvement initiatives within assigned geo
- Lead cross-geo initiatives as assigned.
- Lead contractual delivery management and variance compliance
Lead Territory Service Managers
- Provide a single point of contact for Teradata Services (MS, CS, IC) and third-party vendors that form part of our solution offering
- Mentor SEM’s in building a trusted-advisor relationship with customer teams, both executive and operational
- Lead the team in managing MS project financials comparing budget, actual and estimate and completion figures
- Liaise with peers for technical information as needed for tactical and strategic operations
- Ensure proactive services and execution against contractual SLAs for the team’s accounts
- Establish and drive process for customer onboarding and training needs and advise on training to improve utilization and value
Community / Marketing Title: Service Experience Manager (SEM)
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, Madrid ES