Business Intelligence Consultant
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 210942
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant (BI)
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) consultant for the BI & Visualization practice in our Teradata consulting division. In this role, you will work with our clients and evaluate, design, build and adopt sophisticated BI & Visualization applications, tools and platforms, on-premises and in the cloud.
You will advise them in modern self-service and visual analytics techniques for BI and data analytics. If you share Teradata’s passion for professionally architected and scalable analytic ecosystems, you are the right candidate. You will help our clients to leverage and activate their Data Warehouses and Data Lakes through BI and data visualization applications that cater for potentially complex and large data volumes as well as large numbers of users of all kinds. This is a vital position in the Teradata consulting team, to enable our customers, see and reason about their data.
BI applications are only as good as their underlying databases and data stores. This position requires the candidate to be comfortable to work across the entire architecture stack, designing, implementing and optimizing BI data models as well as BI platforms and end-user applications such as dashboards, enterprise reporting portals or mobile interfaces. Modern BI architectures and approaches very often require companies to align their organization, processes and behavioral frameworks. It will be your role to advise our clients in the necessary concepts, techniques and best practices, to successfully adopt modern BI & data visualization.
In this regional position, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of other Teradata teams, customers and in different industries. You will establish a trusted adviser and expert role in the IT and business organizations of our clients and in internal communities alike.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Provide relevant subject matter expertise and thought leadership in modern BI and data visualization, for enterprise organizations
- Actively lead and participate in selected services demand generation, pre-sales (i.e. presentations and demos) and delivery efforts in the International region
- Collaborate with sales, business consulting, data science and client management teams in the entire Teradata organization
- Act as trusted advisor for our clients and prospects for BI and data visualization solutions, architectures and databases in an analytic ecosystem environment at scale, both on-premises and in the cloud
- Participate in pre-sales and project definition activities (i.e. RFP responses, scoping workshops and exercises, solution architecture development etc.)
- Deliver BI platform assessment, planning and optimization expert services, including in areas such as operations and performance
- Support projects teams with design and implementation of analytical database layers in support of BI applications
- Actively contribute to fostering a community of internal BI and data visualization professionals across the region and develop reusable sales and project assets
- Profound experience with BI application designs and solution architectures, proven knowledge of architecting and building BI and data visualization applications for analytic solutions
- Skills to understand business requirements and to translate them into BI information models as well as powerful data visualizations (using visualization to uncover and present insights in data)
- Ability to scope consulting projects in BI and data visualization; see the “big picture” and translate it into concrete work initiatives
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with traditional BI (i.e. MicroStrategy, SAP BusinessObjects, Oracle BI, IBM Cognos etc.) platforms as well as at least one of the most common data visualization platforms (i.e. Tableau Desktop and Server, Qlik product suite, Microsoft Power BI etc.) as a consultant
- Proven experience with common analytical database systems from vendors such as Oracle, IBM and Microsoft as well as Data Warehouse, Data Lakes and other analytical database concepts
- Extensive hands-on experience in business use case led design and implementation of multidimensional information models and OLAP cubes
- Good SQL skills, proficient in analytical database design and optimization techniques
- At least an awareness of DevOps and Agile Development concepts and techniques
This will be a plus:
- Knowledge in Hadoop data engines and corresponding open-source technologies as well as NoSQL database skills
- Skills in designing and implementing analytical solutions in Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS public cloud environments
- Work experience in DevOps environment as well as Agile Development projects
- Proven experience managing delivery teams
- Experience in basic data analysis is a plus
This is how you work:
- Combine an analytical and creative approach to problem solving
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and with the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations
- Proactively mentor and coach colleagues and other team members
- Be motivated by learning and applying latest technology trends as well as enjoy drilling into the different technical layers of software solutions
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English in the “IT business” workplace
- Working in virtual teams
Job Location JAPAN
Teradata is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the fundamentals they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Intelligence Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP