VP, Technology - Americas (a 90% customer-facing role)
Location: Dayton, Ohio US
Requisition Number: 210935
About the Opportunity
As a 90% customer facing “CTO” for the AMS business, the VP, Technology – Americas will report directly to the EVP, AMS and will be responsible for interaction with senior executives of Teradata customers, prospects and partners communicating Teradata’s vision of analytics and data management in a multi-Cloud and hybrid environment. The ability for Teradata to articulate our technology differentiation through a deep understanding of the competition, our legacy implementations and our future native cloud offerings are all in scope for this customer facing role.
The range of topics will include on-premise to Cloud analytic architectures, migration strategies, our Vantage Cloud roadmap, analytic use case capabilities from SQL to ML/AI in Vantage, competitive differentiation, and Teradata and partner consulting. The role is an individual contributor role reporting to the Vice President Americas sales and will be an active participant in sales strategy, consulting strategy as well as field feedback to engineering, product management and product marketing.
· Delivery of corporate messaging with senior executives across the AMS business
· Strategy sessions with customers to cross collaborate on capabilities and features
· Future roadmap discussion with customers
· Participate in technical sales team meetings
· Monthly feedback reports to engineering, prod. mgmt. and prod. mktg. on product enhancements, gaps and competitive threats
· Participation in Antares planning and rollout through deep partnership with engineering
· Participate in Americas leadership meetings
· Field representation in product QBR’s
· Field speaking engagements at vendor and trade events
· Essentially, be the “Chief Technical Customer Officer” for the AMS business where we triangulate our vision and direction through a pre-sales motion and continuing onto helping customers realize their full opportunity through Teradata investments.
· Manage, foster and grow relationships at the executive level with all key clients and prospects.
· Providing feedback in the development of organizational capabilities, including hiring, investment decisions, marketing, and coaching others in the pursuit of customer acquisition and retention.
· Develop strategies and capabilities that are relevant to Teradata customers and prospects that allow the organization to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions and competition.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key customers, partners and other third parties through regular C-level engagement, EBC’s and in person meetings.
· Establish a culture and environment that attracts, develops and retains high performing pre-sales technology talent to influence customers and partners.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The position requires a blend of 20+ years of progressive technology sales and technical leadership along with 15+ years of direct Teradata technical knowledge, customer experience and relevant environment Has a successful track record developing a pre-sales talk track and agenda that leads to influencing a customer’s buying decisions and carries vertical industry relevancy. The position requires experience working in high-quality, best practice environments where you experience a wide variety of approaches, practices, systems and thinking, including experience in Fortune 1000 customers. The desired candidates will have held a similar position in the past and experiences supporting and leading strategy, business transformation and change in Sales, product management and marketing organizations.
Your Critical Skills:
· Industry Expertise relative to value differentiation delivered via Teradata.
· Ability to show technical and business outcomes to further align to trends and challenges faced by specific industries.
· Ability to partner with the Industry consulting team to drive programs and align on joint planning through SI’s and partners.
· Ability to motivate and empower a leadership team to achieve corporate & GTM objectives. This includes providing a shared vision, vertical GTM strategy and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success in a multicultural and diverse international environment.
· The ability to coach, mentor and develop colleagues and associates within the presales/solution engineering team to enhance their performance on both technology sales skills, strategy and customer engagements. Also, to evaluate performance and contribute significantly to individual performance management feedback in partnership with the AMS SE Leader.
· Ability to effectively manage revenue generation pipeline creation through differentiated customer engagement.
· Demonstrate success in managing and influencing large account relationships, playing a key part in closing significant deals and leading teams to develop new logo opportunities.
· Have experience working in a multi-national corporation and multi-cultural matrix environment.
· Have experience in world class organizations with strong reputation for well disciplined, highly professional teams.
· Be a champion of customer enablement and technology, experience in using Salesforce/CRM and Financial Force deployments.
· Strong track record for high performance while leading through change and transition.
A Bachelor's degree required. A Master’s degree in Finance or Business is a plus.
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Technology - Americas (a 90% customer-facing role)
Job Category: Sales
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dayton, Ohio US